mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
#121090 23/05/05 07:06 PM
Fjord artisan
OP Offline
Fjord artisan
I'm glad I found this forum since I have lots of questions. If I'm annoying, you can tell me to go away! :tongue: A few questions here.... Can you actually use haltdef so that people see for example, your custom op message instead of the default "Blake sets mode +o whoever"? or do they just end up seeing both. And is it possible to stop someone from seeing the default ping, time, and version replies when they do it to you? Thanks.

#121091 23/05/05 07:11 PM
M
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
M
Using the ^ prefix along with the haltdef command would
halt mIRC default text from being displayed yes.

on ^*:OP:#: {
echo -a $nick opped $opnick on #
haltdef
}

~ Edit ~
Yes I should have mentioned that but didn't think about it
until reading Mentality's post, the text will only be halted
locally (on your mIRC) and not anyone elses.

Last edited by mIRCManiac; 23/05/05 07:27 PM.
#121092 23/05/05 07:14 PM
M
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
M
Welcome to the mIRC message boards smile

Quote:
Can you actually use haltdef so that people see for example, your custom op message instead of the default "Blake sets mode +o whoever"?

You cannot affect how events are displayed on another person's screen, no. They will not see both either, they see whatever they have set (the default, or whatever script they've got), and you see whatever you've set. They are separate.

Edit: Sorry btw if you were asking how to change the default event text, I thought you were asking if you could change how other people see their events. smirk

Quote:
And is it possible to stop someone from seeing the default ping, time, and version replies when they do it to you?

CTCP events can change your CTCP replies. See /help CTCP Events. Example:

ctcp *:ping:*:{ ctcpreply $nick ping I am not lagged, you can't prove nothin! | haltdef }

This will halt the default PING reply, and replace it with yours. The /ctcpreply command sends the message as a CTCP message rather than a /notice or /msg. You should also include the type of CTCP that you're replying to (notice 'ctcpreply $nick ping message'.)

You cannot halt the default version reply, and we do not help with that. You can ADD to it by adopting the above method to a version CTCP request.

Regards,

Mentality/Chris
#121093 23/05/05 08:25 PM
Fjord artisan
OP Offline
Fjord artisan
Any ideas on why this isn't halting default text, just adding the new line? I want to stop the default "Blake sets mode +o nick" and replace it with my own.

On ^*:OP:#Blake: {
if ($nick == Bot) { echo }
else { describe #Blake allows 4 $nick  to op 2 $opnick | haltdef }

#121094 23/05/05 08:37 PM
M
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
M
if ($nick == Bot) { echo }

The /echo command needs text after it (you need to specify the text to echo).

You're also missing a close bracket. For every { you need a matching }. Also you can use # instead of specifying the channel name in the /describe command.

In conclusion:

on ^*:OP:#Blake: {
if ($nick == Bot) { echo <whatever> }
else { describe # allows 4 $nick to op 2 $opnick
haltdef
}
}

To be honest with you though, this is lame for a few reasons:

1) This will send an action to the active channel whenever someone is opped. This means everyone will see you do the action, it is not confined to your screen. However, using /haltdef does not halt anyone elses default text on their screen, so they will see the usual "nick sets mode: +o othernick" on top of your action.

2) You're saying that you're "allowing" nick to op the other nickname when really you're not "allowing" it, you can't stop it.

3) It uses colours which most channels either disallow, or dislike.

4) This will activate in channels you're not an op in, so in some channels it may well get you banned.

If you want to just show different text on your screen without affecting what others see, then use /echo as mIRCManiac described. See /help /echo so you can make the echoed text look more like your other text (i.e. with timestamps/mIRC settings).

Regards,

Mentality/Chris
#121095 23/05/05 08:58 PM
Fjord artisan
OP Offline
Fjord artisan
Thanks for the help with the closed bracket. As for the other suggestions, the "allowing" comment was a joke, not me seriously thinking that my bot has the power to allow it, and also, I own the channel where this bot is, so I don't mind the colors. Thanks again.

#121096 23/05/05 09:14 PM
M
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
M
No problem

Quote:
and also, I own the channel where this bot is, so I don't mind the colors

Oh yeah, I didn't notice the fact that you specified #Blake in the event, so it won't trigger on any channel. My mistake!

Regards,

Mentality/Chris

Link Copied to Clipboard