mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
L
Lucky13 Offline OP
Bowl of petunias
OP Offline
Bowl of petunias
L
For the past couple weeks while I've been using mIRC my computer has been rebooting for no reason. I didnt install any new scripts or anything or any other programs and its only doing it when im using mirc. I dont have to be doing anything in particular it just does it without warning. I scanned with about 3 or so virus and spyware programs but they didnt see anything. Anyone else have this before or know how to fix it?
Thanks
Nate

R
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
R
I had that about 6 months ago, and it actually was a virus that wasn't being shown while Windows was running in "normal" mode, however, booting into Safe Mode and then running my anti-virus did find & clean it, so that when I booted after the clean, everything was fine. No promises that this is what's happening with you, but something to try.

D
Vogon poet
Vogon poet
D
Believe it or not I once had this problem but it was about three years ago and it turned out to be a hardware issue in my case. Unfortunitly it's been so long I can't be absolutly possitive what piece of hardware it was but I am wanting to say it was my NIC card for some reason. Not saying this may be your issues but something to look into. The NIC card worked fine for sometime and then out of nowhere it began giving my the issue, once replaced it stopped.

M
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
M
Yup I had this problem once too and it was my NIC driver.
I had just updated the driver and the problem started, I rolled
back the driver and all was fine and dandy.

~ Edit ~
It was a Linksys NIC btw.

Last edited by mIRCManiac; 19/05/05 01:23 PM.
D
Vogon poet
Vogon poet
D
HAHAHA I was such a dumb*** back then. I wasted money on a NIC card because I didn't know about rolling back the driver. Good thing you posted because I totally forgot it again as a possible fix and you may have stopped him from wasting his money too.

Last edited by Darkmnm; 19/05/05 01:28 PM.
M
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
M
If I remember correctly, it was a buffer overflow problem.

L
Lucky13 Offline OP
Bowl of petunias
OP Offline
Bowl of petunias
L
How do I roll back my driver. I've never herd of that before. I'm actually using the ethernet port that is on my ABIT motherboard. what then?
Thanks for your help
Nate

S
Pikka bird
Pikka bird
S
Quote:
How do I roll back my driver. I've never herd of that before. I'm actually using the ethernet port that is on my ABIT motherboard. what then?
Thanks for your help
Nate

On your desktop you should see My Computer on there. Right click on My Computer, go to properties, select the Hardware tab, Click on Device manager. Now here you should see all of your hardware. Look for the hardware that you are trying to roll back a driver on. You may have to expand a branch or two by clicking the + (plus signs). Then right click on the hardware, choose properties, choose the driver tab and there is where you can roll back your driver. Hope this helps!

Scoobs8 cool

Link Copied to Clipboard