Print Thread
#11947 19/02/03 02:03 AM
K
keeker Offline OP
Fjord artisan
OP Offline
Fjord artisan
K
i am making a script that creates an mp3 list in a directory. since this can get pretty intensive and can freeze mirc, i decided to run it in a second mirc, and i have two questions:

1. What sections of mirc.ini do i actually need filled in to run the second mirc? As it stands right now, i just copied the mirc.ini file to list.ini and put it in a seperate directory along with the actual script that runs when the second mirc is open. I didnt alter it very much, but i need to know what i can delete from the ini so that it runs the script and exit, it doesnt have to connect to a server, but i do need DDE enabled so that i can talk to the first mirc.

2. how come i can make a script to run perfectly on my system, no freezes, no crashed, no lockups, but when i send the script to another user using about the same setup as mine ( the person who will actually incorperate the list script to a larger script) it totally locks him up, and he needs to reboot, after which it works fine. He then sends it to another tester/developer which tries it and totally locksup his mirc, but after HE reboots, it still wont work, and still locks him up. All three of us are using 6.03 on about the same system an have about the same amount of files. it just doesnt make sense to us howcome it works for me, but not the other two. any suggestoins would be greatly appreciated.

keek: Scots - intr.v. keeked, keek·ing, keeks
To peek; peep.
#11948 19/02/03 08:43 AM
O
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
O
Instead of the freezing $findfile you can use the dir command to create a list:
Code:

;
; /makelist <list file.txt> <mp3 folder>
;
alias makelist {
  var %dir = $shortfn($2-), %txt = $shortfn($1)
  if !$isdir(%dir) || *.txt !iswm %txt {
    return
  }
  .comopen dir WScript.Shell
  if !$comerr {
    .comclose dir $com(dir,Run,3,bstr,% $+ comspec% /c dir %dir /a /b /s > %txt,uint,2,bool,true)
  }
}

Note: /makelist will wait for the dir command to finish, so you'll have the full list right away. if you don't want it to wait, change the boolean value (last $com() parameter) to false.

Example: //makelist 1.txt $mp3dir | run 1.txt

Use a new mIRC instance only as a last resort, because it might be rather complicated to control it.

If you still want to do that, you can launch it by //run $mircexe -i path\to\file.ini which will use file.ini as a configuration file instead of the default mirc.ini (edit: file.ini must exist, of course).

#11949 19/02/03 10:28 PM
K
keeker Offline OP
Fjord artisan
OP Offline
Fjord artisan
K
i know about the using the windows dir command to make the list of files, and if it were up to me, i would use it, but it aint up to me, the person i am writing the script for has his heart set on hash tables and opening another mirc, which by the way i have already figgured out how to do, i was just wondering what the minimum stuff that was needed in the extra mirc's ini file. i can already list the files pretty damn fast thanks to hammer, and can already open another mirc and use DDE echo when the script is finished, i just needed to know if there was any frills that i could leave blank in the extra mirc's ini file tht i could leave out.

To peek; peep.
#11950 20/02/03 12:11 AM
K
keeker Offline OP
Fjord artisan
OP Offline
Fjord artisan
K
Hey online.......just talked to the "boss" and he wants to know if we can add this code to the script. he needs your permission to add it smile

To peek; peep.
#11951 20/02/03 05:50 AM
O
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
O
1. You can create an empty ini file, type //run $mircexe -i file.ini, and it will be automatically refilled with the necessary information. anything else could be omitted.

2. What's the question... none of the scripts here are my own ideas, you can give it to whoever interested smile

#11952 20/02/03 10:20 PM
K
keeker Offline OP
Fjord artisan
OP Offline
Fjord artisan
K
1. thanks

2. thanks smile

To peek; peep.

Link Copied to Clipboard