Im still getting blue screen of death when i dl too fast on mirc
i have all lastest mirc and winxp pro

even after i tried alot of things, it still doesnt work

i have linksys NIC + router

P
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
P
did you download one of the so-called speed patches? they are known to cause BSOD on fast d/l

ParaBrat @#mIRCAide DALnet
Z
zzzz Offline OP
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
Z
nope never dl speed patches b4

Z
zzzz Offline OP
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
Z
YAY!! finally fixed it..

the problem was my linksys driver.. so i dl a driver from another company called "forgot"

thx anyways laugh

P
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
P
remembered after i left that i didnt ask if you happened to be using a linksys... glad you found the prob... good work! smile

V
Mostly harmless
Mostly harmless
V
Is this only with Linsys drivers? I am using a Netgear 312 NIC to connect to my cable modem and seem to have the same problem. If I allow Mirc to idle, I don't have any problems. However, when downloading from a fast fserve I get a BSOD quite often. I get the following message on my blue screen:
STOP 0x000000D1 DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Valyn

PS. I'm using win2000 sp3 with Mirc 6.03, sysreset and the latest Netgear drivers.

P
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
P
i recall a prob with some netgear routers, i think tho it was rt 311/314 that was causing disconnects during transfers. Take a look at http://www.practicallynetworked.com as they had a lot of good support info. When the ppl reporting probs used a server port other than 6667, it didnt happen any more.

S
Bowl of petunias
Bowl of petunias
S
Ok.. I thought this problem was with just me. I asked everyone about this BSOD with mIRC and XP, it's great to find out its just not me anymore.

I have the same problem, download too fast and I get a BSOD.

Using mIRC 6.03
XP Pro Sp1
Linksys Router
Terayon TJ210 Cable Modem
Intel 100+ Server Nic / Netgear / Linksys / Realtek

I thought the BSOD was a NIC issue, but I've swapped all my NIC and flashed the firmware on everything I can find (Router, NIC, MB). Even reinstall OS several times, And I still have the same problem.

Any suggestions?

Any help will greatly be appreciated.

SAD411

P
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
P
best i can suggest is be sure you have latest firmware, and try not to use server port 6667...and if you got any of those speed patches, get rid of them... and check registry entries for those, seems to me d00d told me they make some registry changes.

seems to me someone had another idea that related specifically to XP and this prob..anyone remember?

S
Bowl of petunias
Bowl of petunias
S
Thanks for the response.

I am pretty sure its with XP also. All firmware have been patched a while back, and I'm using no speed patches.

Two things I did do last night was go back to mIRC 6.0 and change port to 6666, rather than 6667.

Everything seems to be more stable. Havne't seen a BSOD yet, so keeping my fingers crossed.

Thanks for all your help.

SAD411

P
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
P
you're welcome smile I imagine others will post anything they find that helps,even if not on this thread... you can always pop in and use the search feature if you dont have time to read all posts.

D
Babel fish
Babel fish
D
Yeah a year ago or so I looked into this and everybody that had reported the problem had also done the registry 'speed hacks'. Using the default values from here fixed the problem for everyone I spoke to.

I installed the patch on a test box and was able to reproduce the problems... I had to receive at ~ 100KBps to get my system to crash IIRC.

HTH,
-c

J
Pikka bird
Pikka bird
J
I'm having this problem and it's making it impossible to do anything I need to do frown

I'm running XP and I have a linksys router with current firmware. I went to the website linked above but I didn't see any default settings... all of the settings looked like the tweeked ones. Can anyone help me out?

Thanks

J
Pikka bird
Pikka bird
J
I tired using only 6666 and it still BSOD me. Waht else can I try?

A
Pikka bird
Pikka bird
A
For those of you with Linksys NIC's.
Use chipset drivers from ADMTEK
www.admtek.com.tw

They manufacture the chips for linksys and their drivers don't cause those bluescreens.

Alternatively, get a different NIC.

Hope this helps

S
Nutrimatic drinks dispenser
S
I hope someone would read my post - I have the Linksys card, and I`m having the same problems - the BSOD has appeared twice and each time I has to format my drive. Someone mentioned to use different drivers - and I saw 2 options: "Forgot" company (??) (try to google for this company....lol) and NIC. According to my device manager, the network card is listed as "Linksys LNE 100TX v4" - there is no mention about NIC. I don`t know what drivers I need for this dam` thing. Linksys`s latest dirvers are 3 years old!! Please help a poor soul!

S
Vogon poet
Vogon poet
S
try windows update, maybe there is some updated driver on microsoft update network

S
S
Thanks for the suggestion - but I`ve already tried that - before the 1st format, my XP autoupdate was enabled - it did not helped much though.

J
Pikka bird
Pikka bird
J
That link is dead for the amdtek

A
Pikka bird
Pikka bird
A
I have admtek drivers for it that I downloaded January 16, 2004.

983B_drv_2.05.zip 584KB
AN983B_WIN_DRV_220.zip 28KB
AN983B_XP_DRV_220.zip 27KB

Leave a way to get them to ya and I'll be happy to send.
BTW, a new NIC card should cost $15 or so and won't have these issues.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard