mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
#118074 22/04/05 12:08 AM
S
Mostly harmless
OP Offline
Mostly harmless
S
Was wondering if it was possible to create a way to test/troubleshoot your own fserve for connection issues? (Via an emulator/simulator or whatever)

I recently set mine up and no one could connect. Operators were constantly telling me to disconnect my fserve or get banned. Every tweak I made I would then go back into a channel and try to get someone to connect using my trigger (just to see if they could not connect of course). I even told them what I was doing. No one would even attempt to connect. I couldn't even get help in most of those "help" channels. Is there somethingI already out there I could use? If not, then I feel this would be greatly appreciated by newbies such as myself.

#118075 22/04/05 01:29 PM
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
The difficulty with that is that you can almost always connect to yourself because your connection is traveling only across your own network and isn't really leaving.

You could always attempt to connect a second mIRC through a proxy and then test your fserv settings. Most likely you're having issues with a firewall or router.

Invision Support
#Invision on irc.irchighway.net
#118076 22/04/05 04:38 PM
C
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
C
Rather than turn your FServe back on, get someone to agree to let you initiate a dcc chat session with them. When you can fix your router/firewall/mirc settings to be able to initiate a dcc chat, your FServe will work.
For help with router configuration, go to http://portforward.com/

I refuse to engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed person. wink

Link Copied to Clipboard