mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
F
Faraday Offline OP
Nutrimatic drinks dispenser
OP Offline
F
Whenever I type /join something, /ctcp someone, etc., etc., mIRC switches to the new window opened as a result of that action. It's extremely annoying and I would prefer it to act as, say, Opera or Firefox can act with tabs - open all (or selected - e.g. new channels or chats) new windows in background and stay in the window in which I was originally typing the command. How to do that?

And another question... say that I'm in someone's opened window and I type /whois to see info on him. The information is displayed in that window, as it should be. But if I stay in the same window and /whois someone else, then the information about that other person is displayed in the main server window rather than the one I'm in. I want any result of any /whois to show in the window in which I typed it... what to do to activate it? :\ I thought the IRC/Show whois in active window would do just that, but it does not... Searching the forum shows a short script that's supposed to do that, but it doesn't seem to work for me. :\

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
You'll want to set the default position for windows. Minimize an open channel window to the channel bar and the right click on it in the channel bar. Save that position as default and it should open all channel windows minimized.

As for your other question, it works fine for me... not sure the problem. Someone else might know the answer to that one.

Invision Support
#Invision on irc.irchighway.net
C
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
C
/me should read the posts better confused

Last edited by CtrlAltDel; 19/04/05 03:58 PM.

I refuse to engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed person. wink
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
He said he did that. smile

Invision Support
F
Faraday Offline OP
OP Offline
F
I turned off the whois option, restarted, turned it off, restarted, and for some reason it works now...

But I don't want new windows to start minimized - I just don't want mIRC to switch to the newly opened window when it opens...

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
This *may* work... I can't test it right now, so let me know. Whether or not it works will depend on when it evaluates $active.

Code:
on *:join:#: {
  if ($active) {
    window -a $active
  }
}

or

Code:
on *:join:#: {
  if ($active) {
    window -n $target
  }
}

Invision Support
F
Faraday Offline OP
OP Offline
F
The second one is a working workaround smile, thanks. (The new window is still switched to, but then mIRC immediately switches back to the previous window)

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
No problem. Someone else may have a better way to do it. This was just the best I could think of right now.

Invision Support
F
Faraday Offline OP
OP Offline
F
A small update, I'm afraid: turns out that it works with /join windows, but not with /ctcp chat windows.

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
What all windows do you need it for? I thought you were looking for channels only. smile

You know, it is still easier, in my opinion, to set the default position of each type of window to "minimized" (ie. in the channel bar). Then it won't pop up at all until you click on it. Up to you, though. It's basically the same thing either way.

for DCC Chat, you can use this:

Code:
on *:open:=: {
  if ($active) {
    window -n $target
  }
}

Invision Support

Link Copied to Clipboard