mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
A
Aenox Offline OP
Babel fish
OP Offline
Babel fish
A
It would be helpful if multiple nicknames could be selected on the nicklist by holding control and clicking people's nicks from where they have spoken in the channel.

D
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
D
A work around could be made, but i dont know how to detect the ctrl key being down in a channel frown

C
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
C
Quote:
A work around could be made, but i dont know how to detect the ctrl key being down in a channel frown

if ( $mouse.key & 2 ) { dostuff }

D
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
D
Wooohooo I learnt something today, that makes my boring life almost seem bearable smile

Well ok you cant do it quite right (well i couldnt, well to be exact im watching tv, so have stopped trying) this is as far as i got

Code:
on ^*:hotlink:*:#:{
  if ($mouse.key !& 2) { halt }
  var %result, %temp = $regsub($1-,/[^[:alnum:]\-\[\\\]\^\_\`\{\|\}]/g,$chr(32),%result), %result = $remove(%result,$chr(32))
  if (!$nick($chan,%result)) { halt }
}
on *:hotlink:*:#:{
  if ($mouse.key !& 2) { halt }
  var %result, %temp = $regsub($1-,/[^[:alnum:]\-\[\\\]\^\_\`\{\|\}]/g,$chr(32),%result), %result = $remove(%result,$chr(32))
  if (!$nick($chan,%result)) { halt }
  sline $iif($line($chan,$fline($chan,%result,1,1),1).state,-r,-a) $chan %result
}

You hold the ctrl key down and double click on a nick and it should add it into the selected nicks (or remove it if its altready selected)

Its pretty close, but not quite exactly what is wanted.

Q
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Q
Here's a script that works exactly like the OP wanted, ie select with Ctrl + single click. I also changed the nick recognition method a bit to make it more like mirc's internal method (for example, mirc recognizes <nick> but not <<nick>>, your method recognizes both). Note that I use only the first on HOTLINK event (the one with the ^ prefix).
Code:
  if $mouse.key !&amp; 2 { halt }
  if $1 ison # { var %nick = $1 }
  else {  
    if !$regex($1,/^([^\w\\{}^`[\]-])([\w\\{}^`[\]-]+)(?1)?$/) || $regml(2) !ison # { halt }
    var %nick = $v1
  }
  var %w = $+(%,hotlinksclick,$chan(#).wid)
  if $mouse.key &amp; 1 { set -u10 $(%w) 1 }
  elseif $(%w,2) {
    unset $(%w)
    sline $iif($line(#,$nick(#,%nick),1).state,-ar,-a) # %nick
  }
}

Regardless, I'd also like that feature built-in.

/.timerQ 1 0 echo /.timerQ 1 0 $timer(Q).com
D
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
D
hmm nice, i didnt even notice theres a ^HOTLINK event when the mouse is clicked and released, i assumed (that word again) the clicks produced HOTLINK events only.
And that the mouse movement produced the ^HOTLINK

I couldnt work out why you were bothering to set a flag to say you just clicked down the mouse with the ctrl key, then apon release you set the nick?

I just ended up with adding/or removing the nick when you click with ctrl
Code:
  if ($and($mouse.key,3) != 3) { halt }
  if $1 ison # { var %nick = $1 }
  else {  
    if !$regex($1,/^([^\w\\{}^`[\]-])([\w\\{}^`[\]-]+)(?1)?$/) || $regml(2) !ison # { halt }
    var %nick = $v1
  }
  sline $iif($line(#,$nick(#,%nick),1).state,-ar,-a) # %nick
}

Was there a reason for the delay to on mouse release i didnt perceive?
I noticed it allowed you to ctrl-click on nick1 move to nick2 and release and you get nick2 added/removed, which i thought was kinda right and kinda wrong, prefrence i guess.

I was going to change back to my regex but kept yours becuase it looks funny when i use mine, becuase the finger doesnt appear over <<nick>> but if i hold ctrl down and click it it still works LOL.

You are right of course it couldbe/shouldbe built in.

Q
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Q
I sort of copied a script I wrote a year ago, making some, mostly aesthetic, adjustments without even thinking of revising the method. Back then, the reason I used a variable was to make it trigger on uclick and not sclick (like yours does atm). In the case of nick selections though, one doesn't have to use uclick; in fact sclick is better, since it's the default selection behaviour in listboxes anyway (and there's another, very unimportant glitch which I won't bother to describe). So yeah, your final script seems to be the ideal solution here.

/.timerQ 1 0 echo /.timerQ 1 0 $timer(Q).com
A
Aenox Offline OP
Babel fish
OP Offline
Babel fish
A
Thanks.

Link Copied to Clipboard