Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
B
Balboa Offline OP
Mostly harmless
OP Offline
Mostly harmless
B
Trying to download stuff using Mirc from Packetnews, and everytime the DCC starts, (i have auto accept setup) the programs quits and asks me to send an error report to MS.

When I look at the details of the error it gives me this:

AppName: mirc.exe AppVer: 6.1.6.0 ModName: iphlpapi.dll
ModVer: 5.1.2600.2180 Offset: 00008e79

Does anyone know where I can go to figure out what this error is and how to fix it? I have never had any probelms downloading before.

This is the first time i have tried to download something with Mirc on this PC. I was using an Mirc that I copied from my other PC which has worked for me every time in the past. I just updated the default folder locations and such, and never had a problem.

I also downloaded and installed a fresh copy of mirc, and i get the exact same problem. Please help!

M
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
M
mIRC isn't a file sharing program, please see this thread.

Google returns quite a few results about iphlapi.dll.

Regards,

Mentality/Chris
A
Pikka bird
Pikka bird
A
uh... not everyone uses it for filesharing ..
i use it to send stuff to my friends like pictures and mp3s with bands my label might sign ...
and ive got the same problem with the iphlpapi.dll ... so if anyone can tell me and balboa what to do to get it right ... PLEASE do ... its hella annoying ...

uhm...i didnt add that signature ... heh
i almost did... must have been a glitch...
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
He mentioned packetnews, which IS for illegal filesharing. Also, sending any files (legal or otherwise) is still filesharing and not really what mIRC is meant for. DCC is not a very good method for sending/receiving files.

And if you have issues with the links from a site, then it's however the browser handles the link that is likely to cause the problem rather than mIRC itself.

Invision Support
#Invision on irc.irchighway.net
A
Pikka bird
Pikka bird
A
heh..actually its a pretty good way to send files to people ...
and i cant get ftp to work ...
i use this stuff legally ...
and what i wanted to know was how to fix it ...
i dont know what it is thats causing it ... but still i would like to know how to fix it ...
the 16bit version seems to work with dcc ...
dcc chat is also a thing that doesnt work ..that is not fileshare btw wink

A
Pikka bird
Pikka bird
A
and might i add ive used the dcc send function for 10 yrs without having any problems with it before ... not speedwise and not in any other sort of of way

Last edited by Abyssium; 10/05/05 04:31 PM.
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
People seem to think stating time of use has a meaning. smile

Anyhow, if DCC Chat doesn't work for you, then it probably is a firewall or router issue. If it's that error for DCC Chat, then you have a script problem or something else that is not related to IRC.

As stated, and others will agree, DCC is *not* a quality method for sending files. Yes, it works. Yes, you can get good speeds ... usually. However, you can get better speeds in most cases by using other methods of sending/receiving. Downloading on DCC at full bandwidth is very rarely something that occurs. Doing so with other methods (such as from a website) often gets you full speeds. This is why people are working on making DCC2.

If you are simply sharing legal files (the mp3's would have to be your own music or you'd have to have the rights to them in order for them to be legal) then use e-mail or a webserver. You can set up a webserver off your computer easily with free programs. Or you can get free file storage locations that work quite well with a lot of space. Those work just fine for legal files. Legal files are almost guaranteed to be small enough to send via e-mail or a storage site.

Invision Support
A
Pikka bird
Pikka bird
A
ok ..well i still dont know what iphlpapi.dll is other than some sort of iphelper and i dont have a clue how to fix it ... and i cant get the damn webserver stuff to work ...
email... no thnx ... too slow and always some "file too large" nagging ...

B
Mostly harmless
Mostly harmless
B
You got quite an arrogant way of "helping people" ...

First, if the problem is a firewall or router issue, how come it works with the 16bit version of mirc?

Who cares if you and others think DCC is or is not a quality method of sending files. It is a method, and Abyssium here wants it to work. Thats all. If he wanted to discuss other ways of sending files, he'd probably say so in his initial post, don't you think?

Abyssium wanted help for getting his DCC to work, since the dll file obvoisly crashes and takes mIRC with it, not some smartass remarks on how stupid it is to use DCC for transfering files.

Last edited by bugge; 10/05/05 06:05 PM.
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Heh... my response was perfectly nice and was responding to his comment about DCC. Yours, on the other hand was not... so you might want to accept your own advice.

The point being that mIRC support forums have a rule regarding filesharing (see the sticky posts).

The comment regarding firewall/router was in regard to DCC Chat which should work except in the case of routers/firewalls. He did not state that the chat worked in 16bit. If it does, then he definitely has some problem outside of mIRC. And we can't do much to fix problems outside of mIRC. The problem could be any number of things such as other software, bad settings in Windows, virii, etc. Besides, that file is not a part of mIRC to begin with. Just because 16bit mIRC works doesn't mean it is a mIRC issue. It just means that the problem doesn't affect a 16bit program for whatever reason.

If you read from the start, I did give a possible reason for the problem. All other responses were in response to other things and were not meant to tell how to fix it.

Invision Support
A
Pikka bird
Pikka bird
A
heh...
well... there are more people than you on this forum aint it ? ... ill wait and see if someone else has a way to fix it ...
its not virus ... i viruschecked this pc 6 times since yesterday with 5 different progs

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
You should just check to see what the DLL is from and reinstall or uninstall that program considering it's not a mIRC file.

Invision Support
A
Pikka bird
Pikka bird
A
oki ill do that

Last edited by Abyssium; 10/05/05 08:09 PM.

A
Pikka bird
Pikka bird
A
well i think its from my windows ... heh
and otherwise ive got no clue ..heh tried about everything...

and why the heck does it work with mirc- 16-bit version?!

A
Pikka bird
Pikka bird
A
Riasmus2 well if YOU cant help oki ..but MAYBE someone else on this forum has a clue ...

S
Self-satisified door
Self-satisified door
S
I am having the same problem. I have tried all different copies of iphlapi.dll with no luck. I did try older version of MIRC and noticed that versions 6.0 - 6.14 work find, but 6.15 and 6.16 crash as soon as the get (download) starts. Grrrr....

C
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
C
Why does it work with mIRC's 16 bit version? Ya ever think it might be a 16-bit version in itself, and you need to go find a 32-bit version of the iphlapi.dll? (Try Here )

By The Way. re: your signature, telling someone to STFU when they're making an honest attempt to help you is NOT the way to get help either on the mIRC boards, OR in real life.

Last edited by CtrlAltDel; 16/05/05 09:06 PM.
M
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
M
CtrlAltDel: Agreed.

Abyssium: If you want to continue getting help here, please do not act so arrogantly or start causing flame wars. Thank you.

I think that's all that needs to be said on that subject in this thread smile

Regards,

Mentality/Chris
S
Self-satisified door
Self-satisified door
S
Sorry to jump in here, but looks like we are having the same problem. I have tried using that iphlpapi.dll file with no luck. Anytime I copy over a new dll fil it changes to version 5.1.2600.2180. I have tried copying in 5.1.2600.1240, but like I said it is updated instantly to the new version. Any other options you can think of??

-- Thanks for any help / suggestions you guys have... it is GREATLY appricated!

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
It is probably related to some other program that is being run that you are all running and which the rest of us aren't. You might discuss the programs all of you are running... it might help you out.

Invision Support
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard