Print Thread
#117423 15/04/05 09:06 PM
V
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
V
Hi

i just noticed that if there is a nick in channel lets say 'Vash' for example, then if any text like this the following
_Vash
Vash-
Vash'
or any 1 character preceeding or following the nickname it will still be 'HOT' when click on it, the nick 'Vash' will be selected. and i think it should be only these character is allowed ?!',".

thats it

#117424 15/04/05 09:11 PM
F
Pikka bird
Pikka bird
F
To clarify, if Vlad is in the channel and types Vlad_ , or something similar, in the channel, the mousecursor will turn into a hand when hovering over any of them - even if none of them are actually in the channel. From then on, it's the same as if that nick were in the channel.

#117425 16/04/05 12:36 AM
D
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
D
Well vlad is in the channel so whats the problem?

If vlad_ is in there it uses him if hes not it uses vlad (if hes in there), mirc ignores a who set of iregular characters, I dont see there was a problem basicly becuase we all know people highlight nicks by surounding them these characters, so I would wont the hotlink to work, rather than not.

#117426 25/04/05 01:45 PM
D
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
D
this is indeed good behavior. else all the nicks in front of the text lines won't be hotlinked any more ( the <FooBar> nicks)

only problem is when you have someone with more then 1 mode and you write your own script to display this (like <@+FooBar> ), this won't be hot since it's prefixed with 2 characters.

I asked this once before and it seems it only accepts 1 prefixed mode character and not more...
this is not a bug but intended behavior

If it ain't broken, don't fix it!

Link Copied to Clipboard