Print Thread
W
wboss Offline OP
Nutrimatic drinks dispenser
OP Offline
W
a button to minimize "mirc scripts editor" and a apply button
to save changes. this would help scripters alot. so that the the windows does get in the way when you too test code out.

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Both suggestions are already possible.

Alt+o -> Display -> Options -> button "Windows" -> Enable "Scripts Editor"

Now the Scripts Editor will be a desktop window, there is no minimize button, but just click another (mIRC) window and it'll be minimized.

The {} button in the Scripts Editor saves changes you have made without having to close the Scripts Editor.

Gone.
A
Babel fish
Babel fish
A
Minimize and maximize buttons would still be useful and probably aren't too hard to add.

T
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
T
1) The window isn't minimized, it is just placed behind the window you clicked on.

2) It doesn't save the file, the only thing it does is indent your code and check your {}s.
I tried this by opening an existing script, adding 'a' to the end of the file, pressing the {} button and finally pressing cancel, mIRC asked if I wanted to save the file because it had been changed.

New username: hixxy
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
I would also like to see a minimize option and possible have it minimze into the channel bar.

As far as saving, quickest way since there isn't an Apply button (it's quicker even if there was one), is to press Ctrl-S. You can also switch to Alias or Popups or Users or Variables and it will save automatically.

Invision Support
#Invision on irc.irchighway.net
T
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
T
Switching to another tab doesn't save it.

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
1) Ok in the strict sense of "minimizing" it is indeed not the same, but the window is gone and no longer in the way, which is pretty much what he wanted, so he can test code without the editor blocking the view.

2) I didn't say it updates the file, I implied it updates the script in memory.

Open the editor, tab remote.
Type: alias blah echo -a test
Type /blah in mirc, nothing happens.
Click on {} and type blah again: it echos 'test'

That means it has updated it in the cached script file, which is handy for testing code. You code, click {} so that it's updated, click on main mIRC app and test, then you go back to the scripts editor which was hidden, make changes, click {} and test again. This instead of continually closing/opening the editor. You're finally done testing/scripting? Click Ok and it is now also saved to file.

The way I have understood his 2 suggestions is basically: he wants to script, and test his code without having to continually closing the editor, and testing. He'd rather have it so that the Scripts Editor isn't on top so he can easily switch to the main mIRC window, and also that he can just press a button to update his code without having to close the editor. After rereading his first post I'm almost positive that the things I told him are spot on of what he wants (even though he wants to see it done through a min/max button, and perhaps true minimizing)

Gone.
T
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
T
Ah I see, I always thought of that as "updating" rather than "saving" so I wasn't clear on what you meant.
That means that Riamus2 is also correct if he meant the scripts are updated in memory rather than saved to the hard disk.

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Yes, I did. I'm sorry for the confusion.

Invision Support
#Invision on irc.irchighway.net
H
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
H
Yes, I would like a minimize button as well. I am aware that it can be made a desktop window, but if I happen to want, say, to click an icon on the desktop, I can minimize basically every window except for the script editor, which I have to close.

If I knew now what I will know then... maybe things will have been different...
L
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
L
Quote:
Yes, I would like a minimize button as well. I am aware that it can be made a desktop window, but if I happen to want, say, to click an icon on the desktop, I can minimize basically every window except for the script editor, which I have to close.

Yes add the damn minimize button! grin

Z
Babel fish
Babel fish
Z
IF it ever gets implemented, Khaled should also add a maximize button as well. Just makes sense.

-Zelda4ever
aka "The Big 'Z""

S
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
S
Agreed, whilst on the subject of mIRC Script Editor, I'd like to see a command to call up remote scripts. I managed to do it with the sendkeys alias but it wasn't the same I had to use ugly timers. mad

W
wboss Offline OP
OP Offline
W
the {} dont save the code. only makes it active. if you look in the file after clicking {}. you will not see the new code. its only saved when you close the window by clicking "OK" or by clicking file/save.
it does need a apply button or save button. that makes the new code active and saves it.

Last edited by wboss; 23/04/05 08:25 PM.
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
You might want to wipe that mudd out of your eyes and take a closer look at the thread before replying.

If you had done this you would have seen:

Quote:
2) I didn't say it updates the file, I implied it updates the script in memory.

Open the editor, tab remote.
Type: alias blah echo -a test
Type /blah in mirc, nothing happens.
Click on {} and type blah again: it echos 'test'

That means it has updated it in the cached script file, which is handy for testing code. You code, click {} so that it's updated, click on main mIRC app and test, then you go back to the scripts editor which was hidden, make changes, click {} and test again. This instead of continually closing/opening the editor. You're finally done testing/scripting? Click Ok and it is now also saved to file.

Clicking {} saves the changes in memory (where all loaded scripts are held), which is the important part when testing code.

Gone.
W
wboss Offline OP
OP Offline
W
sorry. must of missed that post. must be going blind lol

Link Copied to Clipboard