mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
#1167 11/12/02 10:04 PM
C
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
C
i've noticed in some channels that people change the topic, but part of it can't be changed. is this the default topic? what is the command to set this?

P
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
P
That depends on two things, 1: the network and its procedures and 2. how the founder has modes set. Some only allow founder to change it, others allow all sops or ops to change it, etc. Regardless tho, users cant change it, only @ and they can do it in channel modes, or by typing /topic #channel newtopic Check out the help file on this by typing /help /topic and also /help /mode

Check the website for the network you frequent to see its services and commands for channels.

ParaBrat @#mIRCAide DALnet
C
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
C
i am the founder and owner. when i type !topic blahblahblah the entire thing changes. i want part of it to be locked.

P
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
P
check the website for the network to see exactly whats possible re topic.. im not sure that you could lock only part of it.. remember its possible that when you see changes, whoever did it is deliberatly only changing part of it. double click in your channel, or type /channel to get into your channels modes, and you can see how they would do that.

ParaBrat @#mIRCAide DALnet

Link Copied to Clipboard