doggy Offline OP
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
D
Code:
 menu channel {
  .SLAPPIE!!
  .tuna slap: /set %who $?="who do you wich to slap? ;)" | /me slaps %who with a tuna | /unset %who 
  .smelly tuna slap: /set %who $?="who do you wich to slap? ;)" | /me slaps %who with a smelly tuna | /unset %who 
  .specify: /set %who $?="who do you wich to slap? ;)"| /set %object $?="object to slap with:" | /me slaps %who with a %object | /unset %who | /unset %object 

}  

this code is supposed to slap someone. but on specify there are som errors when i use it and typ in %who = "a" and %object = "b" it returns "* doggy slaps a /set b with a could someone help me out on this?

#116510 05/04/05 03:30 PM
S
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
S
Your code was fine however, spacing is vital.

Code:
  .specify: /set %who $?="who do you wich to slap? ;)" | /set %object $?="object to slap with:[color:red]"|[/color] /me slaps %who with a %object | /unset %who | /unset %object 

Should be

Code:
  .specify: /set %who $?="who do you wich to slap? ;)" | /set %object $?="object to slap with:[color:red]" |[/color] /me slaps %who with a %object | /unset %who | /unset %object  

So altogether you should now have..

Code:
menu channel { 
  .SLAPPIE!! 
  .tuna slap: /set %who $?="who do you wich to slap? ;)" | /me slaps %who with a tuna | /unset %who   
  .smelly tuna slap: /set %who $?="who do you wich to slap? ;)" | /me slaps %who with a smelly tuna | /unset %who   
  .specify: /set %who $?="who do you wich to slap? ;)" | /set %object $?="object to slap with:" | /me slaps %who with a %object | /unset %who | /unset %object 
} 

#116511 06/04/05 03:26 AM
U
Ameglian cow
Ameglian cow
U
To make it even smaller you can just use var instead of set, that way you dont need to unset it.

us3rX

#116512 06/04/05 03:36 AM
S
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
S
Too true. smile

#116513 06/04/05 06:02 AM
D
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
D
Noting the totally transitory nature of the variables, the following could also apply:

Code:

menu channel {
  SLAPPIE!!   
  .tuna slap: me slaps $?="who do you wich to slap? ;)" with a tuna
  .smelly tuna slap: me slaps $?="who do you wich to slap? ;)"  with a smelly tuna
  .specify: me slaps $?="who do you wich to slap? ;)" with a $?="object to slap with:"
} 

Note the missing "." from the front of "Slappie" - this fixes a hierarchy issue. I also left 'wish' as 'wich" for you!

Cheers,

DK

Darwin_Koala

Junior Brat, In-no-cent(r)(tm) and original source of DK-itis!

Link Copied to Clipboard