mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
M
Babel fish
OP Offline
Babel fish
M
Allow scripters to create a picture window with a scrollbar. This would be... beyond incredible. You've gotta think about this for a second and figure out why.

*hint* suppose someone actually needed a scrollbar because the drawfield had to be THAT long (vertically). What should they do? *hint* Drawing a scrollbar via mIRC and using various click detection methods takes longer than most people might think. I've tried it myself. Between drawing the scrollbar and drawing the updated picture window, it can take (visually) quite a bit of time. *hint* Dialog controls allow for scrollbars, but dialogs can't do picture window stuff, can they?

So basically, my suggestion is to create a switch that will allow a picture window to use a scrollbar. It would be a simple scrollbar that would have the same function as any other window's scrollbar. It would be EXTREMELY useful, in my opinion (has multiple specific uses in mind).

B
Vogon poet
Vogon poet
B
how about combining dialog functionability with picture window custimizability? (adding some more options to it along the way too maybe)

- Wherever you go there you are.[color:lightgreen]
G
Ameglian cow
Ameglian cow
G
Yea, good idea. Would be 1 more switch in /window:

/window -yNM

if N = 0 remove scrollbar(s)
if N = 1 set scrollbar(s)
if M = 1 vertical scrollbar
if M = 2 horizontal scrollbar
if M = 3 vertical & horizontal scrollbar

example:
/window -y01- remove vertical scrollbar
/window -y11- set vertical scrollbar
/window -y03- remove both vertical & horizontal scrollbars
/window -y13- set vertical & horizontal scrollbars

cool

sorry for my bad english
watch out when you're in front of my scalar howitzer smile

Punks not dead!
_
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
_
i personally do like this idea .... especially the way ur suggesting it be setup ..... would make things very nice to mess around with further ......... JUST LOVE CUSTOMIZATIONS

D3m0nnet.com

Link Copied to Clipboard