mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
#115669 28/03/05 10:36 PM
N
Nutrimatic drinks dispenser
OP Offline
N
I have a registered copy of mirc on my desktop and I would like my sister to start using IRC and I want to know if I can put a copy of my mIRC on her laptop?

S
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
S
Yes, you can. smile

D
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
D
It wont be registered of course, and if he does register it on a second machine we all know that he well wake at night with the sweats from his evil doings, and have a curse of locus and pox apon him and all who use this second copy, ye be he who denies the payments of the mIRC <smack> Opps sorry got a little carried away there.

S
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
S
I'm fairly certain you can use your Registration Name/Code on as many machines as you want. I could be wrong though I may try it out later we've got 5 computers networked so it should be fun in trying.

M
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
M
Technically, a registration is licensed to one person. From the license agreement:

Quote:
Your single-user registration will license you to continue using your copy of mIRC.

I highly doubt Khaled has a problem with someone putting their registered mIRC on their sister's machine and registering it, although it would be nice if his sister continues to use mIRC after the 30 days, that she pay the $20. The license agreement can be ambiguous, it's probably there to mainly protect against mass abuse of mIRC.

Thank you to the original poster for being courteous enough to ask.

My own disclaimer: I cannot officially speak for Khaled on this issue, the above is a personal view.

Regards,

Mentality/Chris
N
OP Offline
N
Quote:
Technically, a registration is licensed to one person. From the license agreement:

Quote:
Your single-user registration will license you to continue using your copy of mIRC.

I highly doubt Khaled has a problem with someone putting their registered mIRC on their sister's machine and registering it, although it would be nice if his sister continues to use mIRC after the 30 days, that she pay the $20. The license agreement can be ambiguous, it's probably there to mainly protect against mass abuse of mIRC.

Thank you to the original poster for being courteous enough to ask.

My own disclaimer: I cannot officially speak for Khaled on this issue, the above is a personal view.

Regards,

Thanks guys! as much as I love mIRC. I haven't checked if she likes it. I will install it on her machine if she likes it then I would pay the registration FEE! I probably asked cause I don't want to pay for it and then she doesn't use it. frown

R
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
R
That's why there's the 30 day trial period. So that the user can see if they like it or not. Additionally, if she's still not sure after 30 days, the program (thank you for this, Khaled) won't stop working, like some others I've tried (which shall remain nameless in this forum)

P
Ameglian cow
Ameglian cow
P
Most software licenses allow you to install a software product on two or more PCs at the same time, with the same registration information, as long as you only use one of them at any given time. Like, you can have the same product on your home PC, laptop and work PC, and it's OK to have only one license for as long as you don't use the program simultaneously on more than one of the PCs. The important part is that the license gives you the right to use the program on one of those PCs, it's not a license related to the number of installed copies. There are software applications that are licensed "per seat", regardless of who uses them. Hope this makes sense.

Link Copied to Clipboard