Print Thread
#11551 16/02/03 07:34 PM
G
Babel fish
OP Offline
Babel fish
G
I finally wrote the code i wanted, but a problem came up:
Every time i load a script (either using a command or the interface in the aliases/remotes window), instead of the code, ΠΟΰ΅± (?!) comes up! I don't know what to do, this problem shouldn't even exist! confused confused confused

#11552 16/02/03 08:39 PM
W
Pikka bird
Pikka bird
W
Did you write the code in Microsoft Word, or another "main stream" word processing application? If so, make sure you save the code as a .txt file, so that mIRC can read it. You can always rename the actual .txt part of the file, but it's the format in which you save it that's important.

On that note, if possible, try to write new scripts in mIRC to avoid any of these problems. Hit ALT + R to enter the remote script editor and ALT + A to enter the alias editor. You can go up to the File menu and go to "New" to give yourself a new script file in which to make a new script.

In addition, make sure that you don't have some obscure default font for the ediitor. You can edit the setting at ALT + R > File menu > Font. "Ms Sans Serif," regular style, size 8 works for me.

Last edited by WARbird; 16/02/03 08:44 PM.

-
/>_<\
WARbird,
DALnet: #mIRC
#11553 17/02/03 12:59 PM
G
Babel fish
OP Offline
Babel fish
G
I wrote the code using Windows Notepad and then made the files *.mage (my script is called MaGe). Tried making them *.txt but the problem is still there!
And a note: The problem shows up only after the first file. (The first file is loaded O.K. but the second doesn't!)
I also tried using the latest version of mIRC. Could this possibly be a bug???
Thanks for your help and understanding wink

#11554 17/02/03 08:29 PM
G
Babel fish
OP Offline
Babel fish
G
I started re-writing the script from my backup files (thank God for that!) using mIRC and it worked. Seems like you were right laugh Thanks A LOT man, you REALLY helped me! wink

#11555 17/02/03 09:50 PM
W
Pikka bird
Pikka bird
W
My pleasure smile

Next, I was going to suggest that you physically copy/paste the script from Notepad into mIRC's editor, which probably would have worked too.

Happy Scripting!

-
/>_<\
WARbird,
DALnet: #mIRC

Link Copied to Clipboard