M
myrddin Offline OP
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
M
Yea, it's me again.
I need help, again.

This time, I'm trying to make a popup in popups.ini that will let me right click a nick, and akill the user right then and there.

My problem is, we have host masking on our network, so I have to whois each user, each time to get the real address via raw 378

Code:
<- :Server.IRCnetwork.net 378 myrddin nick2 :is connecting from *@***.***.net

My other problem is, how can I make a popup command which does the whoising, grabs the info from raw 378, and puts it into a variable I can use to place an akill.

Any ideas from the brilliant minds on these boards? laugh

The thought for this came when I was akilling 20+ bottlers by hand.

Many, many thanks for the help.

Last edited by myrddin; 26/03/05 08:49 AM.
A
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
A
Most ircd's support userip command, So id go with that.
menu nicklist {
Akill:set %a_kill_reason $$?="Reason to akill?" | .enable #a_kill | .userip $$1
}
#a_kill off
raw 340:*:msg operserv akill add +7d *@ $+ $gettok($1-,2,64) %a_kill_reason
unset %a_kill_reason
.disable #a_kill
halt
#a_kill

D
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
D
This code should do it. The dll has no bearing on the info being gained, its simply a method of allowing mirc to run (and other events to trigger) while still in a script.
Please see the RAW numerics you well need to add any others your network sends if u dont want to see them during the WHOIS

It is important to know that a menu item name containing $getrealaddress($1) well return the real address or "Unknown" and that this process may take up to 1 second, any repeats of this fucntion well be instantly returned with the same result. So there is only one delay at the most.
You can just place it in the code section if you wanted, the first occurance of it whether in the menu item name or code well delay up to 1 second, and as said return either the address or "Unknown" (no " ")

Code:
menu nicklist {
  Real Address for $1 is $getrealaddress($1) so do something to em here : { echo -st $1 real address is $getrealaddress($1) }
}
alias -l getrealaddress {
  if ($1) {
    if ($1 != %getrealaddress.nick) {
      whois $1
      set %getrealaddress.nick $1
      set %getrealaddress.return.value Unknown
      .enable #whois.haltdef
      %t = $ticks + 1000
      while (($ticks <= %t) && (%getrealaddress.return.value == Unknown) && ($file(whilefix.dll))) { dll WhileFix.dll WhileFix }
    }
    return %getrealaddress.return.value
  }
}
#whois.haltdef off
;
raw 307:*:{ haltdef | ; any raw of a whois you want to block from displaying add more as needed }
raw 311:*:{ haltdef | ; any raw of a whois you want to block from displaying add more as needed }
raw 312:*:{ haltdef | ; any raw of a whois you want to block from displaying add more as needed }
raw 317:*:{ haltdef | ; any raw of a whois you want to block from displaying add more as needed }
raw 319:*:{ haltdef | ; any raw of a whois you want to block from displaying add more as needed }
;etc etc
;
raw 318:*:{ haltdef | .disable #whois.haltdef | ; end of whois info so shutdown the #whois.haltdef group }
;
raw 378:*:{ haltdef | if ($2 == %getrealaddress.nick) { set %getrealaddress.return.value $6 } | ;capture info for the menu function }
;
#whois.haltdef end

WhileFix.dll allows you to run scripts without freezing mIRC. For example, you could have a variable incremented to one million in a while loop and still be able to do things in mIRC. You can download it here.

M
myrddin Offline OP
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
M
I like DaveC's stuff *thumbs up*. Thank you.
I really need some sleep (3:14am), but I will start messing with it later today.

Armada: Our network runs QuakeIRCd, which is based on UnrealIRCd 3.2 beta17.
userip wasn't introduced until 3.2.2 unfortunately.
I'll have a talk with the head coder, see what he can do about that.

Last edited by myrddin; 26/03/05 11:18 AM.
A
Vogon poet
Vogon poet
A
Hey. I figured I'd just throw this out there. This is just a simple code I wrote to make it easy to perform IRCop commands. (akill, etc.). It does so by doing a whois on the person in order to update their address in the IAL. It uses no raws. It then echos their address, and copies it to the clipboard to make it easy to just type /akill <paste here>. You can obiously use any address mask you wish by replacing the "1" in $address(%who,1) with anything you want. I hope someone out there finds this usefull. Thanks! laugh

Code:
menu nicklist {
  User Address:/.set -su5 %who $1 | /addresscheck
}
alias addresscheck {
  whois %who
  .timer 1 1 gowho
}
alias gowho {
  if ($ial(%who)) { 
    echo %who 's Address is: 4 $address(%who,1) 4
    clipboard | /clipboard -a $address(%who,1)
  }
}

"God sometimes puts us in the dark for us to see the light"
M
myrddin Offline OP
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
M
The only problem with the above script is that it only grabs the masked address ($address). Our network uses host masking, which isn't suitable for any akill list.

M
myrddin Offline OP
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
M
holy (expletive)!!

I was talking with a friend, while akilling Bottlers again, and he brought to my attention numeric #302, "userhost".
http://www.mirc.net/raws/?view=302

So f-ing simple. Just a simple /userhost nick.

I was on that same page too, but must have overlooked that one through the gazillion other numerics.
*sigh*

I need to go bang my head on a wall now.

Last edited by myrddin; 27/03/05 05:23 AM.
D
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
D
ummm dont bottlers return a specific version info? if so why not just mass version everyone and auto kill the anyone returning a bottler version responce?

M
myrddin Offline OP
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
M
The version reply looks like plain mIRC.

A blank LAG reply is the tell-tale for XDCCC (XDCC Catcher) and Bottler. or is it just XDCCC. I forget. But we don't allow either on our network, so it doesn't matter.

Link Copied to Clipboard