Print Thread
#11513 16/02/03 01:29 PM
T
Hoopy frood
OP Offline
Hoopy frood
T
To everyone of this forum:

First off I just wanted to apologize for my actions towards another person on this forum. Yes they were rude, harsh and well plainly uncalled for. Although my personal opinion of this person should not have been made public for everyone else to get involved in. I will not apologize to that person because I should not have to justify myself to the party in question.

My comments were just making that user resort to the flooding of this message board and by making the person do that just simply wasn't helping the matter. Some of ya'll may feel that I don't need to make an apology but I feel that I should. What I failed to do was stop after the first few posts which I did not. The next time (and I really hope that there isn't a next time)
I will address the matter to that person via the PM which this board provides. That way the rest of you all won't have to get involved.

As for that person whom was commiting these childish acts I say grow up the likes of your kind are frowned upon on IRC and this board in general. Also, I would like to add that I should have left it up to the moderators to take care of the situation and to not escalate the matter at hand. So in general I am just posting this apology to the rest of the board for making things worse. At first things were funny but then it just got plain old stupid.

So those who think that I shouldn't be the one to give an apology. I say it wouldn't be me if i didn't.

(There is no need to reply to this post just simply a statement that says enough)

Thanks for hearing me out!

#11514 16/02/03 04:40 PM
P
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
P
This reply is to all users:

Sadly, there will always be users who for whatever reason choose to disrupt rather than contribute. Arguing with them, or even replying to them, generally just gives them the attention they are seeking and eggs them on.

Emotions sometimes get the better of us all, and things are said that shouldnt be, or could be better worded. The moderators make every effort to help keep the forums pleasant and on target, while still trying to be fair to all posters. Usually if you give us a little time, we will deal with problems that arise.

Free speech is alive and well here, but we also have the right to ask that ppl not resort to name calling or insults in their posts. Any user who obects to using common courtesy doesnt have to post here.

IMO, this forum is a tremendous resource to all mIRC users, and many of you give your time to make it that. When the occasional "bad seed" wanders thru, chalk it up to human nature and instead of watering it, let the moderators get out the weedkiller.

ParaBrat @#mIRCAide DALnet
#11515 16/02/03 04:46 PM
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Hear Hear to both posts...

Link Copied to Clipboard