mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
#115002 20/03/05 07:17 PM
P
Bowl of petunias
OP Offline
Bowl of petunias
P
I hope I haven't overlooked an existing option but from what I see, there's none I've noticed. If I'm wrong then go ahead and flame.

mIRC by default, closes /msg windows of multi-server connections that you close. Say i'm connected to efnet, if I close the efnet connection, all /msg window's from efnet close along with it. Could we get an option to keep them open?

S
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
S
I've looked also and can't seem to find an option to stop the channels from closing. Which is quite odd because Custom Windows remain open when closing Multi-Server(s).

I'm not too sure how we'd benefit though as the server connection would be closed. But as Custom Windows remain open so should Channels. smile

P
Bowl of petunias
OP Offline
Bowl of petunias
P
Yea only reason would be for stuff like, saving logs, getting a url your friend posted 2 mins ago and you forgot...stuff like that.

S
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
S
Ah right, well it'd be very benefitial if your logging status is switched off. But of course we'd need the option to turn the feature [on|off]. smile

Nice idea!

N
Vogon poet
Vogon poet
N
I hate to be the negative person here, but why close the status window? Just disconnect from the server, and keep the window open. And where exactly do you want mIRC to keep these statuswindowless connection, if it just sorts it with "Closed connections" I'm sure channel windows with the same name will soon apear.

However I would like to see options when you part a channel, to keep the window open.

Link Copied to Clipboard