mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
T
Talyn Offline OP
Nutrimatic drinks dispenser
OP Offline
Nutrimatic drinks dispenser
T
I just noticed that with an on ^*:LOGON:*:{ commands } event, which according to the help file will trigger prior to mIRC sending the user/pass/nick stuff to the server, yet during that event $scon(1).status returns "connected". Maybe I'm missing something, but shouldn't it be "connecting" ?

As a side note, in the help file for ON LOGON the "format" and "example" line at the top omit the :target: parameter, but it is in the examples below that.

Q
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Q
Technically, it's not "connecting" during on LOGON, because the tcp connection with the server is already established. $status reflects exactly this. However, it would be more useful to me if $status reported whether you are "logged in successfully" or not, or better, have another identifier that does it. I know, one could use on CONNECT and set a variable, but an identifier is cleaner.

/.timerQ 1 0 echo /.timerQ 1 0 $timer(Q).com
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Unfortunately all of these events and identifiers were added at different times. It would be great to re-order them and change their meanings but that would break all existing scripts shocked

Link Copied to Clipboard