mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
#114574 15/03/05 04:45 PM
K
Mostly harmless
OP Offline
Mostly harmless
K
isnt it time to fix this little bug ? since I started using mirc for the first time and thats a little while now there still is this little bug that you cant double click on a channel with #[somename] it will get you in #[somename instead of the right channel smile

S
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
S
Double click #[somename]]. grin

D
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
D
It wont be a bug it well be just the way it is, Im sure there well be more occasions where there well be listings of [#somename] than #[somename], so what do you expect? Should mirc connect up of #somename] now just so when you see your ones you well get to #[somename] ?

M
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
M
Have you been drinking? smirk

D
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
D
well... blah blah and hic yes what?! well ok ill have another then. I never said, what i said before becuase i said it ok ill have fries with that as well. zzzzzzzzzz what where am i? Damn home brew!

S
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
S
Excuse me D-D-Dave, sir, you're on the mIRC Message Board. grin

M
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
M
also with prefixes in whois it doesnt always allow doubleclicking

$maybe
S
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
S
Quote:
also with prefixes in whois it doesnt always allow doubleclicking

This can be fixed by the server developers, they need to include the additional prefixes in their 'PREFIX=' 005/ISUPPORT token. One example is "PREFIX=(ov)@+", the IRCD tells the client it supports the modes 'ov' with their respective prefixes, '@' and '+'. mIRC (and probably others) additionally support prefixes without modes, for example "(ov)@+-". mIRC properly understands the ov/@+ modes and prefixes, and the additional '-' without a corresponding mode. This would allow the server developers to include special flags that show in /whois and similar, without breaking mIRC's doubleclick support.

You can see what prefixes your server has been programmed to tell your client about with //echo -a $prefix

Hope that helps smile

Link Copied to Clipboard