mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
D
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
D
When I start the computer, it says i don't have, or i'm missing, the hideapp.exe file in the mirc folder. I checked, and it's there, but if I click on it, the same message appears. Maybe if I get another hideapp file from one of you, it might work. Please tell me what to do.
Thank You
-DO

C
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
C
mIRC doesn't have a hideapp.exe, if your copy does then you definately are not running a version downloaded from mIRC.com. What I would suggest you do is uninstall mIRC, run a virus scan, then reinstall mIRC but ONLY DOWNLOAD mIRC FROM THIS SITE. If you download it from somewhere else it is possible that someone has modified mIRC and included some infected files (which is why you should run a virus scan).

D
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
D
First of all, I did download mirc from morc.com. Second, I can't uninstall. When I click on the uninstall button, it says I need to close it first, but I never opened it. I ran a virus scan today, and I got 288 infected files. All of which were irc trojans. I think mirc is always open when I start the computer, and therefore, I keep getting these irc trojans. Please help me out.
Thank You
-DO

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Open DOS and type netstat

This shows all current connections. It may be that this trojan is logged in to several networks and has the URL catcher turned on to automatically send you to infected websites.

_
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
_
geez did u click on that same spammed url that many times??? ok jk but yes u need to close the mirc connection as watchdog stated above and then uninstall it and again run that scan

D3m0nnet.com
D
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
D
How do I get to dos? And also, how am I supposed to uninstall if it won't let me?

D
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
D
I have windows 2000 pro, and it's not a dos operated system.

_
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
_
ok click start menu then click all programs then accessories and then msdos ...... at that prompt letter type netstat ..... it will list all of your connections ........ then if u are using windowx xp u could press control alt and delete at the same time ONE TIME only
click the processes tab and close down any mirc process ....... then uninstall the program and restart ur pc
repeat process till u have deleted any mirc from ur pc that is active and tryin to run
...... altho u will have to run another virus scan after this to ensure u dont have more infected files ...... not to mention u will need to remove the start as service from the registry on the/those infected mircs

D3m0nnet.com
_
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
_
lol EVERY windows OS has Dos prompt capability in it ..... and even tho they say it isnt dos based it still recognizes it

D3m0nnet.com
D
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
D
The problem is, I can't uninstall mirc. I close all mirc processes (which is only one) and then when I try to uninstall, it won't let me because it says it's still running.

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Just type /run cmd in mIRC.

D
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
D
But I can't even connect to mirc.

_
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
_
if it says its still running it either re ran its execution on its own after u stopped it OR you missed it ..... possibly it is renamed or whatnot but it is still there running suggestion ....... close anything u know ur not using ...... and then uninstall that mirc ....... then reboot ....... aside from that there are other posts here that give a better detailed way of removing this ..... click search ...... look for virus or trojans expland it to about one month in the search one would be located HERE another would be HERE

hope that help alil

D3m0nnet.com
D
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
D
This is such a nuisance. I can't play Warcraft 3 because it says I need direct x 8.1 or newer, but I have 9.0, so do you think it could be possible that this mirc thing isn't letting me play? I could play the game before the error messages.

T
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
T
Try this, Play the game without mIRC!

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
No need to log into a server. If mIRC can be opened you can perform any /run commands there and indeed some others. You can also go to Start Button - Run and then just type cmd there to kick it in the guts.

D
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
D
hmmm. Thanks for the help guys, but nothing worked.

_
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
_
ok first off i wasnt aware mirc had anything to do with warcraft3 or directx ..... but lets say this ....... U HAVE SEVERAL F'd up files ......... stop worrying about a game and fix that first ...... dont go trying every lil button out to test what does or doesnt work ...... your problem is because of this irc trojan u let into your pc ...... remove that then fix your toys ....... most likely your files are f'd up because of this trojan read them posts i told u about and do a bigger search of that subject to find more info on how to get rid of it as its been discussed several times

D3m0nnet.com
D
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
D
I had at least 9 irc trojans today, and 288 infected files. Do you think that if I remove everything from my hard drive, then reinstall windows and all my programs, that it will work. I was thinking about that, and decided it's a good idea since I don't have anything important on my computer.

T
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
T
Did you run a virus/trojan scanner after becoming infected?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard