mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
C
Bowl of petunias
OP Offline
Bowl of petunias
C
Is there a way to find a private chat session? I have to locate a nick name and if you have any internal files of a private chat. You may not have that info but it just a shot.

M
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
M
say what?

O
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
O
Unless you had enabled logging beforehand, you can't recover an old conversation. To view your logs directory type //run $logdir

C
Bowl of petunias
OP Offline
Bowl of petunias
C
thanks pooh-bah that is what I needed to know. I have a serious delema and I have to have this info. Is there a way to offically get this in writting? Like from the writter of the software?

S
Vogon poet
Vogon poet
S
Quote:
thanks pooh-bah that is what I needed to know. I have a serious delema and I have to have this info. Is there a way to offically get this in writting? Like from the writter of the software?

Correction mate, Users name is Onliine, :tongue:

sub-zero.homeip.net:6667

S
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
S
Great observation Matt, next time I go use the bathroom I'll make sure I lift the seat up and wash my hands. :tongue:

S
Vogon poet
Vogon poet
S
You Do that Mate grin

T
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
T
Quote:
Quote:

Correction mate, Users name is Onliine, :tongue:

Actually, it's Online (Only 1 i). smirk

New username: hixxy
S
Vogon poet
Vogon poet
S
Thanks for that Pooh-Bah smirk

S
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
S
Tidy says: you're welcome newbie. :tongue:

O
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
O
Quote:
Is there a way to offically get this in writting? Like from the writter of the software?

I'm sorry to disappoint you, but this is not possible. Suppose you were doing something on your computer one stormy night, when suddenly it got hit by a lightning which burnt your hard-disk. Would you then call Microsoft and ask them to deliver you a new disk with your lost files? Of course not, because they wouldn't know what you had there. It's your personal computer, and if you do not back up your data before the disaster chances are they are lost forever.

The same idea applies here. mIRC is just a client program. Khaled (its author) doesn't run the IRC networks and so he can't tell what is going on there or who's chatting with whom. I'm sorry, but we can't help. From now on, be sure to have logging enabled at all times so this unlucky case doesn't repeat itself. (To enable logging go to Alt+O >> IRC >> Logging and select 'Both' in the drop-down list.)

F
Mostly harmless
Mostly harmless
F
I use a private mirc chat
<a href="irc://sub-sys.ca" target="_blank">irc://sub-sys.ca</a> port 6667

Link Copied to Clipboard