mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
S
Fjord artisan
OP Offline
Fjord artisan
S
Hi, was just wondering how i docked a dialog to under my nicklist, i have seen some pretty cool screen shots of such things, but was wondering how i did that myself ?, have been searching the internet, some one suggested using MDX, but i haven't a clue about using it, altho i have been to the authors website and have the MDX.dll on my system, plus i have read the dox n stuff, i'm still stuck frown

Thanks
ShadowDemon
mIRC V6.03

Never argue with an idiot...they'll drag you down to their level and beat you up with experience
_
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
_
ok im alil confused ...... u did it and ur asking us how ..... or are u asking how one would go about doing it ..... just curious altho in either case i dont have a really good answer

D3m0nnet.com
X
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
X
what he is saying is that he did it, but he just dosnt know HOW he did it, and would like to know how he could do it. ( lol )

;Check for Life

if (%life == $null) {
goto getlife
}
_
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
_
lol ok see thats what i was wondering by his post i wasnt quite sure whether he was tryin to report a bug with what he said or not??? like saying something was doing something on its own or something..... ok too many somethings there!

D3m0nnet.com
X
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
X
lol

;Check for Life

if (%life == $null) {
goto getlife
}
H
Pikka bird
Pikka bird
H
Let me translate, I'm pretty sure that this is what he said:

Hi, was just wondering how I can dock a dialog under my nicklist. I have seen some screenshots of this being done, but was wondering how to do it? Someone suggested using MDX, but I haven't a clue about using it, although I have been to the authors’ website and have the MDX.dll on my system. I've been searching the internet, plus I read the docs and stuff, I’m still stuck.

G
Babel fish
Babel fish
G
Yeah:
a)the dox = the docs
b)n = and

That's COOL! How did you manage to translate?!?! grin
I don't mean to insult you, but i'm kidding. Listen to this to:
English is not my mother lang (I'm Greek), so i learnt it pretty good. The guy is using Past Simple to phrase a wish.
e.g:
I hope I made it :P

S
Fjord artisan
OP Offline
Fjord artisan
S
This is a post to all who just posted, i'm just replying to xrn0id, cos he's the last one here. grin

Umm yeah dox = documentation, yeah i shoulda made that more clear, but what i am trying to do was create a dialog with some buttons on it, that do stuff, such as ban and kick, but have it docked or made part of just under the nicklist,

Here is a screen shot of what i mean

In this picture, you will see my nicklist, and underneath that, is the dialog that i want "Docking to" Like i said i have read about MDX, and just cant firgure it out.

Thanks
ShadowDemon

Never argue with an idiot...they'll drag you down to their level and beat you up with experience
H
Pikka bird
Pikka bird
H
I guess I was wrong. The way he phrased it originally was a bit confusing. But now that he posted the screenshot it's pretty obvious that he already has this window docked. I guess he's trying to undock it?

I've never used this docking feature before so I don't know the answer to that question.

S
Fjord artisan
OP Offline
Fjord artisan
S
No, no , no

It's not docked yet, the screen shot just looks like that, as i am trying to get my point across, as to what i would like in the end result, i just edited the screen shot, to make smaller pic, if i actually took a screen shot of my whole mirc, then it would take up 1024x768 screen res, and i dunno bout u or not, but thats more than average for somebody with a 14" monitor, and 800x600 screen res (I have a 15" monitor, and like a big display)

All i need is a snippet of information as to how to actually get the dialog to be docked or whatever to under the nicklist.

I can still move that dialog about the screen, but i would like it at the side.

ShadowDemon

_
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
_
ok heres something i just threw together for u ..... this does work for me so hopefully its what ur looking for

Code:
dialog newt {
  title "Nicklist Buttons"
  size $calc($window(-1).w - 145) 594 145 91
  option pixels
  icon images\D3m0nicChaos.dll, 0
  button "Kick", 2, 2 3 65 18
  button "Kick/Ban", 3, 76 3 65 18
  button "Ban", 4, 2 25 65 20
  button "Query", 5, 77 24 65 18
  button "+ Op", 7, 3 47 65 18
  button "- Op", 8, 77 45 65 18
  button "+ Voice", 9, 4 69 65 18
  button "- Voice", 10, 77 70 65 18
}
alias testing dialog -m newt newt

hope thats what ur looking for ........

D3m0nnet.com
S
Fjord artisan
OP Offline
Fjord artisan
S
Well i would, if it woiuld work

I have copied and pasted the exact code you just gave me to my remotes and i get the error

* /dialog: 'newt' no such table

i tried it in my alias and i get

NEWT Unknown command

What the hell is going on ????? mad

S
Fjord artisan
OP Offline
Fjord artisan
S
OK, i got it working finally, but what i want is something like

This type of thing

You see that Control Panel in the screenshot, that is "Docking" and i think MDX.dll was used, but i dont know how to do it myself, the MDX documentation doesn't tell me, all i want is my buttons like that, but not not like the control panel in teh screen shot, i want to know what MDX code i need to do that with my buttons.

ShadowDemon

_
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
_
oh hell thats so far beyond my abilites i wont even begin to go there ...... lol i thought ya just wanted it to open in a certain spot on ur screen LoL sorry for misunderstanding ya totally

D3m0nnet.com
S
Fjord artisan
OP Offline
Fjord artisan
S
It's ok, it beyond me, but i wanna have a go, lol

ShadowDemon :tongue:

A
amr Offline
Pikka bird
Pikka bird
A
mdx? i would use ktools.dll, download that and read the documentation, its extremely helpful, i read it and was docking stuff all over the place!!

hope i helped

S
Fjord artisan
OP Offline
Fjord artisan
S
Hi, ok i already have KTools.dll, am reading the info on it now, it looks a bit complicated to me, but i'll have a go :tongue:

Thanks
ShadowDemon

Link Copied to Clipboard