Print Thread
M
MDA Offline OP
Babel fish
OP Offline
Babel fish
M
Greetings and Best Regards,

I'm having problems connecting to any of the many DALnet servers that I have tried using mIRC 6.16. All I get is this error in my status window:

Unable to connect to server (Connection attempt timed out)

I'm able to connect with dozens of other IRC networks, however I'm unable at this time to connect to DALnet. I've searched thru the help files and forum replys and could only find here the multiple hotkey crap mIRC isn't a file serving pgm replys to dozens of folks simply asking about a solution to a similar problem.

I'm just trying to connect to a specific server DALnet, I don't care two rips about someone's XDCC issue in this thread at all. Expect a rhetorical remark if you hotkey that into this.

Again, I'm simply trying to connect to DALnet to chat in one of there several thousand chatrooms.

Thanks for your help and consideration,
MDA

M
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
M
Thank you for making your demands so clear smirk

If you cannot connect to the irc.dal.net server pool then it's due to the fact that your physical location isn't in an area covered by DALnet's new 'IX servers'.

Try connecting to an individual IRC server, some suggestions here.

If you can connect to other IRC networks but not DALnet then obviously is due to a problem with DALnet, you might want to wait a few hours and then try again, they might have server issues (netsplits, servers full, etc.). Other than the above, not much you can do.

Regards,

Mentality/Chris
M
MDA Offline OP
Babel fish
OP Offline
Babel fish
M
Greetings Mentality,

WIth the CA DALnet maple.ix.ca.dal.net server next door to me, I suspect there is something else that isn't working here.

I recently found and downloaded a mIRC script two days ago which does connect successfully with DALnet. Looking at the DALnet server being used by a Script authored by someone in the USA determined it was going thru the DALnet server in West Germany. None of the DALnet servers in the same state here or any of the states worked in mIRC for me.

This one does:

server name: DALnet: EU, DE, Arcor
server: arcor.de.eu.dal.net
ports: 6664-6669,7000
group: DALnet
This server is located in Frankfurt, germany. Hosted by arcor.de!

I see this as a likely mIRC BUG and not a case where your location is not within that servers range or location.

Thanks again for your time and consideration,
MDA

M
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
M
It's *highly* unlikely this is an mIRC bug. arcor.* is a client server, maple.* is an IX server, which is different. More explanation can be found in this interview.

Regards,

Mentality/Chris

Link Copied to Clipboard