Print Thread
K
KFC Offline OP
Mostly harmless
OP Offline
Mostly harmless
K
Hey,

One thing mIRC needs is the ability to have images within your server... EG The ability to change the usual welcome message text with a banner like this one

A Banner On MiRC

Could this be made by someone so we dont have to download a complete new mirc just so we can have it? It would prob be the most and best thing added to MIRC....

Is it possible to do?

Anyone can help or script one up or whatever you have to do cheers smile laugh

S
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
S
Place an image you want as your "banner". Into the mIRC directory.

/background -a <image you placed in mIRC directory>

D
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
D
I think he means have the server send u an image or a link to an image and have it display in the channel.

I think it would have to be a thing added to IRC rather than mirc. Or mirc just be prepeared to lookup and display an image listed in the channel topic or something.

Im against it, personally, and if it was added I would hope it could be switched off, and I would never switch it on if i could avoid it.

* but im not saying dont add it, then again considering there was that JPG buffer overrun exploite detected a while ago, maybe it wouldnt be worth adding?!?!?!

S
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
S
Ah, well if that's what he meant then I'll have to agree with you. I wouldn't like to see it added and if it were to be added an on|off function should be available.

D
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
D
that could be VERY VERY annoying. I hope to god its never included. There will probably be a handful of servers which use that for good, and the rest will set that image to tubgirl or goatse.

D
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
D
Oh i could live with Tub Girls, but Go At Se oh no no ones getting me on the ocean! smile

R
Pikka bird
Pikka bird
R
I could immagine it right now...

Please introduce a good idea for IRC users.. not just an attempt to allow advertisements to introduce it's way into the IRC realm. We as users are probably all sick of random advertisements invading our internet. If you wish to have such a thing as banners.. It opens up the possibility's to allow for advertisements which can and will be used in possibly a horrible way. Can we say GATOR?

D
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
D
What r u having a go at me for i didnt suggest it.

Crocodile Crocodile Crocodile nope i cant say gator!

R
Pikka bird
Pikka bird
R
Im sorry I thought I was just responding to the topic.

Seriously though. No banners for KFC because I will remove it from existance. But having the ability to display Images in a channel window would be extremely interesting. That would only lead to emocations, and custom made banners to display their own pictures...

Link Copied to Clipboard