mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
#111714 18/02/05 07:31 AM
S
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
S
apparently I'm told there is another version of mirc help file available for download which is much more exhaustive in explanations than the one that comes with mirc. It also includes commands not listed in the standard mirc help.

If it really is good as I'm told, perhaps Khaled can review it and if good ask for permission to bundle it into his mIRC package (giving credits to those that expanded on the help explanations, of course).

#111715 18/02/05 08:18 AM
M
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
M
I know that someone wrote an 'updated' help file, which I don't think had too many expanded explanations, but added the undocumented identifiers and stuff. It has some errors from what I've heard, which I imagine is why Khaled wouldn't use it. Furthermore, he quotes mIRC as being a personal project, so maybe he wouldn't be comfortable with using another person's work.

Regards,

Mentality/Chris
#111716 18/02/05 10:59 AM
S
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
S
ok, granted he might not want to use other peoples work., but how about submissions from people who freely would give expanded explanations on different things.

I'm sure there are heaps of excellent scripters out there that would contribute something.

Sure, this probably goes against the personal project thing, but in reality i'm sure from the time he started coding mirc, to todays version he would have had some help improving the coding etc and his programming knowledge with the help of other people.

Anyway, that's something for him to ponder on if he ever does sift through to this post.

Link Copied to Clipboard