mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
#111543 16/02/05 06:37 PM
G
Bowl of petunias
OP Offline
Bowl of petunias
G
I don't know about you, but sometimes it gets boring to be able to use only the same old colors for your nick. There are only so many that you like (dependind on your preferences), and out of those colors, you can make a few good color combinations, but not many. I think mIRC should either have more colors to choose from or have the option to add more colors easily.

Last edited by geometric1; 16/02/05 06:57 PM.
D
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
D
You only have 16 colors, but u do know you can set them 16 to what ever colors RGB u like?

/help /color

R
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
R
Another interesting fact is that mIRC allows for 100 or so different color codes. Codes 16-99 (I think) apparently just mirror codes 0-15. This should in theory make it possible to add 84 extra colors.

H
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
H
Color 99 already has a special meaning, so it's out, but the rest could be used.

"What is color 99?" you might ask if you didn't already know, and also talk to yourself while reading other people's posts. It's "transparent" which, despite the way it sounds, simply means that if you want to, say, specify a background color, but leave the text color as whatever the default is for that kind of text, you use 99. Example:

//echo $color(info) -a default info text color on default bg color. $chr(3) $+ 99,2now default info text color on blue bg.

If I knew now what I will know then... maybe things will have been different...
D
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
D
Ha thanks I didnt actually understand the point of 99 being transparent until you said that, i kept looking at it like in the background field and saying well 99 is the same as 98 so whats with it being transparent?

Oh Ps if you did know what you know now you know you would still do it all the same, its in our nature to not learn.

Now i must return to pushing the little blue button, even tho each time it shocks me, becuase im sure sooner or later something else well happen smile

Link Copied to Clipboard