Print Thread
#110943 11/02/05 11:34 PM
M
MrDoom Offline OP
Babel fish
OP Offline
Babel fish
M
ok guys i think this is a simple question but i can't seem to figure it out..i use this text as an autogreeter

On !*:Join:#mychannelnamehere: {

msg $chan Welcome to $chan $+ , $nick $+ !!!

}

but the problem is that it pops up everytime one of my ops uses the remotes i have set up for them with the ! activator.example if the op types !lock then a text comes up in the channel.i hope i have explained this good enough.new to this!
so i guess i would like to know how to have that autogreeter work without conflicting with the remotes.thanks in advance guys...

confused

#110944 12/02/05 12:49 AM
I
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
I
If your meaning that the "msg $chan Welcome to $chan $+ , $nick $+ !!!" line is being executed by another event that is above it in the file then the the most likely culprit I can think of would be a missing closing brace }. You should also be getting "ON Unkown command" errors if so.
In the remotes editor, check you don't have a bracket ("{" and "}") mismatch. You can do that by pressing the {} button in the top right corner.

#110945 12/02/05 01:19 AM
M
MrDoom Offline OP
Babel fish
OP Offline
Babel fish
M
Quote:
If your meaning that the "msg $chan Welcome to $chan $+ , $nick $+ !!!" line is being executed by another event that is above it in the file then the the most likely culprit I can think of would be a missing closing brace }. You should also be getting "ON Unkown command" errors if so.
In the remotes editor, check you don't have a bracket ("{" and "}") mismatch. You can do that by pressing the {} button in the top right corner.

the brackets are fine,not sure what the problem is

#110946 12/02/05 01:24 AM
I
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
I
Is it possible that the autogreet event is somehow inside one of the braces from the other event? The 'On' should be hard up against the left side of the editor fialog.
Try moving it (the autogreet) to a new file.

Link Copied to Clipboard