Print Thread
#1101 11/12/02 02:29 PM
E
exebug Offline OP
Bowl of petunias
OP Offline
Bowl of petunias
E
Dont you just HATE it when someone types something in YELLOW arrgg . I use a white background so u can imagine how irritating it is :P

Could you please add a command to replace ex.yellow with white...

Im sure alot of users will apreciate it..
Thanks

#1102 11/12/02 03:06 PM
D
Vogon poet
Vogon poet
D
You can replace it already using the $replace() identifier.

Simply replace $chr(3) $+ 8 with $chr(3) $+ N where N is the colour that you want the text to be instead.

To catch everyone, you should replace 08 as well.

/help $replace

for further information. smile

Dana

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke
#1103 11/12/02 04:03 PM
E
exebug Offline OP
Bowl of petunias
OP Offline
Bowl of petunias
E
Okay that worked perfectly, but what about the newbies...
I really dont think it would be so hard to make a 'button' where u can say : REPLACE Color_Yellow WITH Color_White.

Ill even do it ,if u send me the source code :P

#1104 11/12/02 04:21 PM
D
Babel fish
Babel fish
D
You can change yellow altogether if you open up the color preferences (Alt+K) and right-clicking on the color that you want to replace.

I'd be more likely to just strip all colors if they bothered me that much. You can already strip control codes from a line if there are more than a customizable threshold (Alt+O -> IRC -> Messages -> Strip codes from incoming messages)

-chris

#1105 11/12/02 11:18 PM
P
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
P
i dont remember exactly which version started letting us really play with our own colors, but "define custom colour" is my all time favorite feature.. i changed all mine to exactly the shade i wanted, no more blinding headache inducing yellow/orange/green :tongue:

ParaBrat @#mIRCAide DALnet
#1106 19/12/02 04:19 AM
T
Ameglian cow
Ameglian cow
T
Khaled should simply implement an algorythm which would fix unmatching colors. For example if someone sends yellow on white, than change either the yellow or the white because they are too close to be readable.

Since the number of possible colors is somewhat limited, the algorythm wouldn't be much difficult to implement (would just require Khaled to play a lot with different colors to find out which ones match and which ones don't)

#1107 19/12/02 02:51 PM
H
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
H
Match colors? Since this is a personal opinion, this is not globally possible. What you think matches might very well not be what I think matches. If someone has some form of color blindness, then what they see is quite different from what someone with normal color vision would see. And, as ParaBrat mentioned, there is already a way to "correct" the different colors to make them less (for you) glaring, or more so, if that's your wish.

DALnet: #HelpDesk and #m[color:#FF0000]IR[color:#EEEE00]C
#1108 22/12/02 05:56 AM
_
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
_
ok personally i agree .... but say u have a black background and u set ur text to be white ..... then someone forces black text with color codes ... mind u i dont mind a lil colors in a channel ...... but when someone forces black text and well uve got a black background it kinda becomes annoying running ur mouse over it to figure what they where saying in what would seem a funny popup to some ppl ...... i mean yeah u could simply turn off ur colors but hey ...... i guess something u just gotta live with ... and i think thats the same type of scenario im thinking they were addressing

D3m0nnet.com

Link Copied to Clipboard