mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
#110477 18/02/05 05:10 AM
D
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
D
Im not going to answer after this one becuase its just turning into a can i break your reply reply contest. Well actually I dont know if there well be anything to reply to this.

Quote:
Where did that clause come from? Nowhere before did you ever say that the '!allow ...' text was only relevant if an op says it - you're changing the rules in the middle of the game.

Well i thought that...
(1) if (!allow * iswm $1-) && ($nick isop $chan)
(2) if ($nick isop $chan) && (!allow * iswm $1-)
spoke for themselfs that the !allow command was only for ops why else would i be checking if the $nick isop ?

Quote:
It doesn't really affe.... . So your example is completely flawed. Yes, if 100 people say '!allow blah' and only 1 is an op then your original assertion is correct, ... "What if 100 users on a channel are all ops and they each say something, only one of them says '!allow blah' - therefore my way is more efficient...

Ill agree both our examples were right out there, to much of the bigheading trying to show my point of few, than looking at it in a clear light of day.
Im going to conceed and aggree with you, hows that?
I thought i should run it using a more realistic possable channel chat
Lets pretend a channel say 1 op for every 9 users? I dont know if u would call that fair, ones im in its higher on users, but not all talk.
6 people say something 2 of them twice, being 8 lines the op says something 2 times and does one !allow also, total 11 lines.
Assuming a iswm and isop are about the same time, and i got very little difference on themiswm came out quicker, but like 12 vs 13 second for 10,0000 IF's sooo pfffffft to that difference.
Anyway...
method (1) iswm checked 11 times isop checked 1
method (2) isop checked 11 times iswm checked 3
So you were right in the real world or my little example of it. I well come to your table sir with hat in hand and applogise for my mistake smile

I well however not appoligise to praetorian, since it seemed he got hyped after I mentioned that reparsing would likely be needed in windows when scrolling, backed up with refrences. Then he just had a whine about post lengths and typoes, I mean come on what next name calling?, lol I think he might have done that too.And Im sorry to him if i cant give a refrence to something I read about back in the 80's.

#110478 18/02/05 07:22 AM
S
Ameglian cow
Ameglian cow
S
nothing wrong with lengthy replies. I bet you if the mIRC Help files were as lengthy on all of it's topics and examples, these scripting help forums that are about would look a lot thinner.

#110479 18/02/05 07:27 AM
P
Ameglian cow
Ameglian cow
P
Quote:
backed up with refrences.

What references?

Quote:
And Im sorry to him if i cant give a refrence to something I read about back in the 80's.

I thought you gave a reference!?

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard