mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
T
Tempest Offline OP
Mostly harmless
OP Offline
Mostly harmless
T
I can find no assistance form forums, faqs or help chatrooms on this. I have an mirc script (noorscript) that I originally installed to the wrong directory (Program Files), and it appeared to work fine but for one tiny detail I could not edit. After reading through the files I discovered that it should have been installed into the root directory. So I simply moved the script and associated files to the new place. Script worked fine, minor editing item worked, but I could no longer access the scripts editor..scripts appear to be intact. So I uninstalled and re-installed in the root directory...same thing. So I uninstalled, and went back to the site and downloaded and installed a "fresh" copy, into the root directory. Still, I can use the scripts and log on, but I still I am unable to access the scripts editor either via the icon, or the menu bar, nor can I access the editor by choosing only the popups or only the remotes menu. I cannot figure out why this is, nor have I discovered where the scripts editor resides within the files. A separate "plain" version of mirc, also installed in the root directory, works fine, but I would like to have access to the noorscript features.....
Anyone understand this?
-Tempest

R
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
R
the only thing i can thing of is that the maker of the script has barred entry to the editor to deter tinkering with their code

one last thing you could try is using alt + r
aside from that there isnt to much help i can give you
maybe a poobah will comealong and help you further

The Kodokan will move you, one way or another.
Vogon poet
Vogon poet
  1. Try pressing Alt+R in your mIRC, that should bring up the script editor dialog.
  2. If that does not work, try downloading mIRC, and installing it over your script directory.

- Relinsquish
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
I have checked out that script, and saw my suspicions confirmed.

They are using a dll to lock the editor upon start. The fix is really easy, follow these steps exactly as I say them:

1. Exit mIRC.
2. Go to folder: nOORSCript\System\Files and open up the file named: nOORXp40.mrc
3. Go to the bottom of that file until you see this:

on 1:START: {
.sz LockEditor anything_you_want_can_go_here
}

4. Delete those 3 lines of code.
5. Close the file and when prompted to save click "yes"

Your mIRC can now open up the Scripts Editor again without problem.

Note that blocking users from using the Scripts Editor is extremely lame (so is this script btw). I have checked out some of the code and it's sad. Though it's your choice of course to use it.

Greets

Gone.
T
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
T
Haha, I just downloaded it to see what it was like.

It comes packaged with about 6 or 7 executables, some that are installed with Windows (Paint, Calc) and mIRC, which violates the license agreement. :tongue:

New username: hixxy
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Pretty sad huh, can't believe there are people putting out those scripts :tongue:

Gone.
D
Vogon poet
Vogon poet
D
Well, I got a bit curious when reading the replies to this post and I figured I'd look at this script and see what was so important that the "author" would go through this just to hide his/her coding. As posted by others I must say ummmm... nothing, nothing at all was even worth trying to hide the code. Anywho, there are two faster ways fixing this problem. One being delete the script, it's not worth it anyway and two is just update the script to mIRC 6.16 and the dll doesn't work. This is just my two cents, after all thats about all it's worth.

Link Copied to Clipboard