mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
P
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
P
I was wondering if there is a way to kick guests out of my room after a certain amount of time, 20 minutes for example.

I was given this script but don't think it has a time option, just kicks on join.

Thanks!!

on @*:JOIN:#:{
if (guest????? iswm $nick) {
ban -u60 # $nick 11
kick # $nick Guest nicks are not allowed, /nick <New Nickname>
}
}
on *:NICK:{
if (guest????? iswm $newnick) {
var %i = 0
while (%i < $comchan($newnick,0)) {
;This while loop goes through every channel both you and the nick are on
inc %i
if ($me isop $comchan($newnick,%i)) {
;You can only kick if you are an op =)
ban -u60 $comchan($newnick,%i) $newnick 11
kick $comchan($newnick,%i) $newnick Guest nicks are not allowed, /nick <New Nickname>
}
}
}
}

R
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
R
umm
you want to kick people named guest?
im afraid i dont understand
i might not be familiar with your network
if you just want to kick people named guest
i can do that

The Kodokan will move you, one way or another.
P
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
P
Network is StarChat, I have seen this on other channels.
I would like a way to warn people to change their nicknames from Guest when they arrive or they will be kicked after 20 minutes. then remind them after 10 more minutes & then kick them after the 20 minutes are up. Thanks. We get alot of Guests and it gets very confusing. I think this will cut down on the problem. Thanks.

R
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
R
i can give you something but it wont be very air tight
so you can either use it or my suggestion wait till someone comes along with something better
on *:join:#:{
if ($nick == *guest*) {
timer 1 1200 kick # $nick
timer 1 600 msg $chan $nick use /nick to change your name please.
}
riddled with flaws but it should work on a basic level
no accounting for if they leave after the timer is triggered etc

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Won't work, unless their nick is the literal *guest*.

To use wildcards, you need iswm.

Gone.
L
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
L
Code:
on 1:join:#channel: {
  if (Guest* iswm $nick) {
    notice $nick You are using a Guest nickname. To change your nick please type /nick newnick
    set %guest.nick $nick
    .timer 1 300 if %guest.nick ison $chan ban -ku300 $chan $nick 2 Please do not use guest nicknames. | unset %guest.nick
  }
}

This should wait 5 minutes (300 seconds) when a guest nick has joined, If the nickname they joined with is still on the channel after the 5 minutes it will ban them for 5 minutes. (Untested!)

D
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
D
Quote:
Code:
  if (Guest* iswm $nick) {
    notice $nick You are using a Guest nickname. To change your nick please type /nick newnick
    set %guest.nick $nick
    .timer 1 300 if %guest.nick ison $chan ban -ku300 $chan $nick 2 Please do not use guest nicknames. | unset %guest.nick
  }
}

Whats the reason for putting the $nick into %guest.nick, I cant see any reason for it?

L
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
L
I wasen't thinking when I wrote that, it's not needed but still works :P

Last edited by LostServ; 28/01/05 06:31 AM.
R
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
R
so you can have a timer have a if on it?
i did not know this

L
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
L
Yes, If is a command you know.
/help /if

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Quote:

This doesn't work as you think it does, it actually unsets %guest.nick immediately after setting the timer. That var is redundant anyway, might as well remove it smile

Btw the if statement is very ambiguous as you are not using brackets or braces to seperate the if condition from the command. Always try to use either braces or brackets, or both, but not none of them.

Greets

Gone.
D
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
D
just watch what you put in the timer with the if

examples type in....

//timer 1 10 if ( $time == $time ) echo -at I think time is $time , but its not is it.
^ (note the two // so its like if it was in a script)

[12:34:56] I think time is 12:34:46 , but its not is it.

now try
//timer 1 10 if ( $time == $time ) echo -at I think time is $time , but its not is it.
/timer

* Timer 1 1 time(s) 10s delay if ( 12:34:46 == 12:34:46 ) echo -at I think time is 12:34:46 , but its not is it.
[12:34:56] I think time is 12:34:46 , but its not is it.

It becomes clear whats happened, the $time all get evaluated, to stop this you would need it like this.

//timer 1 10 if ( $!time == $!time ) echo -at I think time is $!time , and it is!, But its not $time which was when this was started.
/timer

* Timer 1 1 time(s) 10s delay if ( $time == $time ) echo -at I think time is $time , and it is!, But its not 12:36:46 which was when this was started.
[12:34:56] I think time is 12:34:56 , and it is!, But its not 12:36:46 which was when this was started.

The reason there were no $!nick or $!chan in the above was because they werent wanted, when the timer executes the command, those values are not known anymore, so they were ment to be evaluated at the timer creation time.

Hehe now last just to through a spanner in the works, the following line well be a bust...
//timer 1 10 if ($!time == $!time) echo -at I think time is $!time , and it is!, But its not $time which was when this was started.
/timer
* Timer 1 1 time(s) 10s delay if ($!time == $time ) echo -at I think time is $time , and it is!, But its not 12:36:46 which was when this was started.
* timer 1 halted

if the $identifier you dont want evaluated does not have a clear leading space then it isnt seen to be an identifier to evaluate at the timer creation moment, this doesnt hold for trailing data such as a closing bracket.

IMO this gets tricky for everyone as u need to watch what your typing and how it well be seen.

R
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
R
i brushed paths with $! as i had to use it in read
$!read since i have a script that reads a random line froma txt every 30 minutes smile
thanks for the quick little tutorial though
good stuff

D
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
D
I mentioned it becuase for ages i was using $ $+ time, and also had to do some double evaluation delays so had $ $ $+ + time , and felt like a complete noob when i found out i could have used $!time and $!!time respectively

P
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
P
Quote:
on 1:join:#channel: { if (Guest* iswm $nick) { notice $nick You are using a Guest nickname. To change your nick please type /nick newnick set %guest.nick $nick .timer 1 300 if %guest.nick ison $chan ban -ku300 $chan $nick 2 Please do not use guest nicknames. | unset %guest.nick }}

I tried this without any luck. Also I want to kick not ban. laugh

D
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
D
Quote:
Quote:
on 1:join:#channel: { if (Guest* iswm $nick) { notice $nick You are using a Guest nickname. To change your nick please type /nick newnick set %guest.nick $nick .timer 1 300 if %guest.nick ison $chan ban -ku300 $chan $nick 2 Please do not use guest nicknames. | unset %guest.nick }}

I tried this without any luck. Also I want to kick not ban. laugh

I didnt write that! In fact no body here wrote THAT, you have junked it onto 2 lines, and in doing so caused it to fail, there is no | between the notice and the set nor the timer and the ending two } are not ment to be connected } } not }}

Code:
  if (Guest* iswm $nick) {
    .timer 1 1200 if ( $nick ison $chan ) &amp;&amp; ( $!me isop $chan ) kick $chan $nick
  }
}

P
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
P
my bad, it messed up when I copied it. It's working great now!! Thanks very much!!!! cool cool cool

Link Copied to Clipboard