Print Thread
#109039 25/01/05 03:09 PM
Z
ztnaraM Offline OP
Babel fish
OP Offline
Babel fish
Z
This isn't a poll or anything, just been having a disagreement with someone about a notify list, and how he can improve it's accuracy.
Ok a bot adds people to a notifylist the same way it does in normal mIRC, if the person changes their nick, then the bot uses the notify raws to say he's offline (same way any notifylist works) but ok.. he's not technically offline, but using a bit of script he can make that show he's still online, but that goes out of the window if the notify user is outside of any channels and changes nicks, he can't be tracked round a network as simple as that. What's the point in scripting something we can see with mIRC's inbuilt events and our eyes, wouldn't it be more usefull to be able to track anyone around a server? i just want to know if anyone has tried making an improved script for this or anything outside of mIRC to be able to do this, my guess is no, as it's the way IRC protocol works and therefore, not something that can be done in scripting. look forward to some comments.

#109040 25/01/05 09:41 PM
D
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
D
You could chase them around channels, always remaining in one there in, But then if they wanted to get away from that, they just leave all channels, change nick and rejoin channels.

I think your outa luck, and personally I think your attempted tracking smeels a little like big brother watching over us smile

#109041 26/01/05 08:47 PM
S
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
S
Celebtriy big brother was kinda funny. grin

Link Copied to Clipboard