Print Thread
#10776 12/02/03 05:32 PM
N
Nem3sis Offline OP
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
N
An option to expand and condence blocks of code at a click of a button, like tree view thingy to change
Code:
/beer {
var %a = 99
while (%a > 0) {
echo -a %a $+(bottle,$iif(%a != 1,s)) of beer on the wall,
echo -a %a $+(bottle,$iif(%a != 1,s)) of beer...
echo -a Take $iif(%a != 1,one,it) down, pass it around,
dec %a
echo -a $iif(%a == 0,No More,%a) $+(bottle,$iif(%a != 1,s)) of beer on the wall.
linesep
}
}

into
Code:
/beer { var %a = 99 | while (%a > 0) { echo -a %a $+(bottle,$iif(%a != 1,s)) of beer on the wall, | echo -a %a $+(bottle,$iif(%a != 1,s)) of beer... | echo -a Take $iif(%a != 1,one,it) down, pass it around, | dec %a | echo -a $iif(%a == 0,No More,%a) $+(bottle,$iif(%a != 1,s)) of beer on the wall. | linesep } }

#10777 13/02/03 06:43 AM
S
Ameglian cow
Ameglian cow
S
I would like to have that feature, would make the scripts much easier to view/find.

Also syntax highlightning would be very nice. At least have comments in another costomizable color.

#10778 13/02/03 02:47 PM
S
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
S
Would that really help anyone though? Using pipes is an ugly, innefficient, way to code and I think is slower to be parsed by mIRC (I haven't done any benchmarks or anything, to be honest I wouldn't like it even if it was faster). As far as I'm concerned using pipes is just plain bad.

Spelling mistakes, grammatical errors, and stupid comments are intentional.
#10779 13/02/03 04:12 PM
S
Ameglian cow
Ameglian cow
S
It's usefull to get an overview of all your scripts, and you don't have to use it if you dont like to.

Also set up a custom identation would be nice, some like to have 3 spaces not 2 in each { }, and simular things.

Also custom syntax highlight as I said in the other thread.

#10780 13/02/03 06:15 PM
S
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
S
No offence meant Starbucks :tongue:, but i think if pipes were used in moderation, ie a small script like i have that doesnt really do much except notify me if a nick in the list logs off the server i am on, thats ok.

it is 255 bytes and is in my eyes fast, because it only looks at the nicks from the list, sperated by pipes, and there is only six nicks in there, it works pretty well, because i have it, so that if my bot gets dropped, the script plays a wav and i can hear it if i am away doing something else,.

But a big script perhaps that is over 100k and does allsorts of complicated stuff, like i did see in a script once, well thats is kinda pointless, and there i have to agree with you on, it would slow down the script and would be bad practice.

I know i'm not a script master yet, but i am studying them to see how they are put together.

ShadowDemon

Never argue with an idiot...they'll drag you down to their level and beat you up with experience
#10781 14/02/03 09:52 AM
S
Ameglian cow
Ameglian cow
S
Then maybe, instead of changing the actuall scrip, hide it if it is condense, like in windows explorer with + and - sighns on the forlders.

Link Copied to Clipboard