Print Thread
T
Trunks Offline OP
Mostly harmless
OP Offline
Mostly harmless
T
Hello together,

first of all I´ve to excuse me for my (maybe) bad english. I hope it´s still understandable while using my translator ;-).
I´m a new User of mIRC and have a pocket full of questions...
But the first questions is the earliest. I´m some kind of a private advisor in some german fores(forums) and at the moment I´m investigating a german erotic-chat because of the stupid phrases the camgirls are confronted with and I´m trying to get the chat-niveau a little bit higher. Someone pseudo-intellectuel user in this chats (this Chat works normally with Java..???) threats me and other user´s with "catching and notifying IP-adresses". I acted as a stupid User and this person told me that he´s able to do "his thing" using irc. He says that he is able to read anyóne´s IP-adress and many informations more....
Is this possible?
And when it should be possible how can I protect myself?

I´m very grateful for every helpful answer. If possible in german or english please....

Greetings from germany,

Trunks

There´re no stupid questions, only stupid answers;-)
M
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
M
If all connections are via a Java chat feature, then it is not mIRC and therefore, less easy to help you. People that threaten others and say things like "I can do things with your IP address" are usually idiots who can't actually do anything. On the other hand, they might be able to.

You should speak to an IRC Operator of the network/server you use and see if they can assist you. If not, you can check out the few methods there are to hide your IP address. Usermodes/BNCs aren't really applicable if you're using a Java chat and not mIRC though.

Regards,

Mentality/Chris

Link Copied to Clipboard