mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
#10592 11/02/03 05:02 AM
I
Bowl of petunias
OP Offline
Bowl of petunias
I
i have deleted and redownloaded mirc and i still cant get on. ive been using mirc for about 3 or 4 years and its been the past few months that i havent been able to get on. i know in the past that aol users screwed it up and got everyone on aol banned from it. im on aol and i cant get on. please email me if you have any ideas.

igetallsoapy2002@aol.com

P
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
P
you will need to tell us what happens/what error msg you get when you try before we can help.

ParaBrat @#mIRCAide DALnet
I
Bowl of petunias
OP Offline
Bowl of petunias
I
Connecting to irc.dal.net (6663)
-
* Unable to connect (Can't assign requested address)

thank you for replying i appriciate the help....this is what comes up everytime i try to get on.
-

T
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
T
Some DALnet servers have been down recently due to attacks on the network. There are servers up and running and often updated to tell you which servers you can connect to by checking out this webpage try one of these servers see if it helps....

By the way, I got this off of the sticky thread in the "Connections" category....

P
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
P
As TheGame said, there is a sticky post about this in the connections forum here. You cant use the random irc.dal.net to connect because of the way it has been purposely set to resolve. YOu must use a currently linked specific server, like
typing in your status window: /server someservernamehereyouknowislinked.dal.net

ParaBrat @#mIRCAide DALnet

Link Copied to Clipboard