mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
P
Mostly harmless
OP Offline
Mostly harmless
P
hey, im not new to mIRC, ive been using it about 2 years, i can script, do everything..but just recently when i hit (ctrl + k) to try and make the text a different color, instead of the black box that should show up, i see a superscript of an L. this is giving me various problems because, not only will ctrl + u not make a mark at all, it is very confusing seeing upside down "L"s everywhere. if someone could help me out it'd be greatly appreciated.

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
check your fonts

http://MTec89Net.com
irc.freenode.net #MTec89Net
I
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
I
I posted about this back in 2003.
Seeing I had only just re-installed XP last week I decided to try it all again, with the exact same results.

Here's what I did

1. To enable the different symbols.
  1. Opened the "Regional and Language Optionss" control panel applet. - /run intl.cpl
  2. Click on the "Languages" tab.
  3. Check [x] "Install files for East Asian languages"
  4. Click OK in the Windows dialog that appears to inform you that
    " You chose to install blah blah... This will require 230 MB or more of space yadda yadda.. "
  5. Reboot!.
  6. Start mIRC and guess what happens when I use Ctrl+(K|U|R|O|B)? wink I get the symbols you posted about.

2. To disable the different symbols.
  1. /run intl.cpl (Open "Regional and Language Options" applet)
  2. Click on the "Languages" tab.
  3. UNcheck [ ] "Install files for East Asian languages"
  4. Click OK again in a Windows dialog warning me I will not be able to use these languages...
  5. Reboot!.
  6. The square black blocks are back. laugh

Edit:
Silly me, I could have tested that in a Virtual PC instead of installing ~230 MB of crap on my real PC. grin
I just did that anyway, a brand spanking new, untouched install of XP Pro sp2 - installed mIRC and the above East Asian support on Virtual PC.
Once again the same sequence produced the exact same results.

Last edited by Iori; 18/12/04 02:09 AM.

Link Copied to Clipboard