Print Thread
#105471 16/12/04 02:04 PM
L
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
L
Hi guys,

I have a couple of small problems with mirc I was hoping someone could help me with.

My first one is, when I start mirc the program pops up and starts cycling through the startup process and the Options screen pops up...... I've just been hitting OK and moving on but I'd really like to not have to deal with it and I'm not Mr. savvy guru when it comes to mirc so I really have no idea what to do. I just want the Options screen not to come up everytime I start.

My second problem is, alot of times I'm not sitting at my pc and intently watching the screen for anything that might happen but when someone types my name I don't get the balloon notification. I tried setting it up in the Options screen in the Agents area but I don't want the whole character thing, I just want the little balloon pop up notifications on anything like someone typing my name or whatever else might have it pop up normally. I hope I'm making sense here. If I left the room, or whatever, it was nice to come back and see the small balloon notifying me of a message or something I wasn't there to get. Know what I mean?

Guys, I have no idea what to do so if you have some answers, which I will appreciate immensely, please keep it kind of simple for me. I'm not oafishly stupid but I'm also not as up on some of this stuff as many of you are.

I do certainly appreciate your help.

Thanks,

Legerdomain

M
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
M
Hey there smile

You can stop the options window popping up by going to ALT+O > Connect > Options and uncheck the box that says 'Pop up connect dialog on startup'.

If the channels list window is popping up when you connect, uncheck the little box at the bottom of that window to stop it.

As a note, ALT+O is the key combination to pop up the options dialog, so press them.

There's a number of things you could do for your second issue. Go to ALT+O > IRC > Highlight. Put your nickname in the box at the top. Instead of your usual nickname, put in $me which will then highlight whatever nickname you're using.

You then can use the rest of the fairly self-explanatory settings to do a number of other things other than just highlight your nickname. You could set a sound, or make mIRC 'flash' (so the taskbar window flashes when mIRC is minimised).

Regards,

Mentality/Chris
L
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
L
I tried the highlight stuff but it didn't work at all.....

The tip with the Options screen opening on startup worked though but I still get no notification if my name is mentioned....

Is there anything in XP that needs to be activated to do that because I used to get the same things when I made the connection to the internet and those disappeared around the same time.

I put my name and $me in the area. I did $me first by itself, my name 2nd by itself and both in there together and everytime set to message and nick.......... but it didn't work.

L
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
L
Any other thoughts?

I
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
I
Here's a quickie script to achieve a similar result, using a dialog.
Code:
on *:text:$($+(*,$me,*)):#:m2t $1-
on *:action:$($+(*,$me,*)):#:m2t $1-
alias -l m2t {
  if $appactive { return }
  var %a = $+(m2t,$nick)
  if $dialog(%a) { return }
  dialog -mdo %a msg2tray
  did -a %a 1 $nick mentioned you in #
  did -a %a 2 $1-
[color:blue]  ;  splay <sound file>[/color]
[color:green]  /*
  Fill in the path [color:gray](if it isn't in the /sounds folder)[/color] and name of the soundfile above
  and uncomment that line, then comment out/remove [color:navy]the "beep" line below[/color]
  */[/color]
[color:navy]  beep[/color]
  .timer $+ %a 1 5 $!iif($dialog( %a ),dialog -x %a )
}
dialog msg2tray {
  title "mIRC Message"
  size $calc($window(-1).w - 305) $calc($window(-1).h - 164) 300 72
  text "", 1, 5 11 290 12, center
  text "", 2, 5 31 290 32, center
}

L
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
L
Wow , that looks awsome....

What do I do with it? confused

I
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
I
Ah sorry, I should have said how to use it. smile
Press Alt+R, that will open mIRCs script editor.
Make sure you are on the "Remotes" tab.
Paste that into a new file (File menu / New) in the editor window, save it as <nameyouchoose>.mrc.
Close the editor. (Press OK)
Type /remote on in the editbox of any mirc window. mIRC will say * Remote is on (Ctcps,Events,Raw)
Done, when someone mentions your nick in a channel and mIRC is not the active applcation a dialog will appear in the lower right corner of the desktop (above the task tray) with their nick and the message (if its too long it will be truncated) and mirc will beep, unless you set the soundfile as I suggested.

The default display of the message will not be affected in any way. laugh

Link Copied to Clipboard