mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
D
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
D
Well, I wake up this morning to find my mirc crashed big time, there appears to be a major bug again that someone has found that causes mirc to crash..

This is mirc 6.16

my logs show I recieved a message from someone:

(****) FIX … THIS … BUG … PLEASE … YOU … DUMB … *BADWORD* … MUGGLES … FIX … THIS … BUG … PLEASE … YOU … DUMB … *BADWORD* … MUGGLES … FIX … THIS … BUG … PLEASE … YOU … DUMB … *BADWORD* … MUGGLES … FIX … THIS … BUG … PLEASE … YOU … DUMB … *BADWORD* … MUGGLES … FIX … THIS … BUG … PLEASE … YOU … DUMB … *BADWORD* … MUGGLES … FIX … THIS … BUG … PLEASE … YOU … DUMB … *BADWORD* … MUGGLES …

I replaced the f word with badword, unfortunatly my logs show nothing else as right after mirc crashed instantly, I do log everything so whatever it is does not get logged, just letting people know to start keeping an eye out to try and track down this new bug. There are control characters in that line as well the ... are control characters aschii string 133, I've tried repasting this to myself in msg, notice, etc with no luck, so not sure what the cause is.

Last edited by dragonflu; 13/12/04 06:18 PM.
N
Vogon poet
Vogon poet
N
lol, unable to reproduce with the info you gave us

D
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
D
Really, your kidding me?

mayhap "just letting people know to start keeping an eye out to try and track down this new bug."
might let you know what the post was about.

S
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
S
Try '/debug on' to have mIRC save all traffic sent/recv'd from the server to debug.log. Are you running any scripts?

Some issues have been known (but apparantly fixed) with "SJIS/JIS Conversion", you may wish to disable this anyway (in Options > IRC > Messages) if you have no need for it.

Hope that helps smile

D
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
D
No I dont run scripts other than aliases for op, etc..

It was reported to me that several people pinged out at the same time I did, so again it appears to be some exploit, mirc has never crashed on me like that since I've been on xp, I will turn debug on and see and hopefully be able to catch it if they do so again. thanks for the tip..forgot all about debug..hehe

Ameglian cow
Ameglian cow
Can you please let us know which network/channel was
this all about? It will help if we deploy mirc clients there
with debug on..

D
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
D
The network was efnet, one channel was #idlerpg, and I wont put the other channel name here as I dont wanna be spamming my company smile

Link Copied to Clipboard