mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
#105074 12/12/04 12:00 AM
P
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
P
MTS is a theme standard that was started several years ago by several members of mircscripts.org. Today there are hundreds of themes available for download from ms.org

There is much room for improvement, however. Work has now begun on MTS 2.0, which will have XML-based theme files instead of plain-text like MTS 1.0.

Click here and join the forum to read and voice your opinion about the next step in mirc theming! We need your input, and we would love to have the involvement of the entire mIRC community in this. smile

#105075 12/12/04 06:41 PM
C
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
C
*ponders what the difference is between this thread and the one several weeks back when some dude posted about his webcam addon*

Spam is spam, and it certainly doesn't belong here.

Eamonn.

#105076 12/12/04 06:44 PM
T
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
T
I guess the only difference is that MTS is already very popular, some webcam addon probably wasn't.

New username: hixxy
#105077 13/12/04 12:31 AM
P
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
P
Quote:
*ponders what the difference is between this thread and the one several weeks back when some dude posted about his webcam addon*

Spam is spam, and it certainly doesn't belong here.

Eamonn.
How is this spam? It's not a "hay guys visit my website" post, it's a "hay guys come participate in a cool project" post.

We really do need the whole mIRC community's involvement in this, since we're calling it the "mIRC theme standard."

#105078 13/12/04 05:01 AM
N
Vogon poet
Vogon poet
N
how is that spam?

#105079 13/12/04 10:59 AM
C
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
C
More than likely tidy_trax.

Pretzlcoatl; it might be called a 'mIRC theme standard', but that doesn't mean it is, there's nothing stopping someone calling their addong 'mIRC webcam standard', and spamming it.

nalAAlan; probably because it contains a 'go here' phrase, and a URL.

Eamonn.

#105080 13/12/04 05:03 PM
P
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
P
Coolkill, kindly stop trolling this thread. You obviously have no idea what MTS is, nor do you have any wish to assist with its development.

Regards,

Pretzlcoatl

#105081 13/12/04 08:50 PM
P
Ameglian cow
Ameglian cow
P
Quote:
it might be called a 'mIRC theme standard', but that doesn't mean it is

It wont be a "true" standard until Khaled implements an engine in mIRC.

However, it is undeniably a standard in the mIRC community. At a certain popular mIRC scripting website (I will omit the name to avoid being accused of spamming), there are 249 themes.

Most of these themes have over 1,000 downloads, with a good chunk of those having several thousand, and a few with 10,000 downloads and above. There are two themes that I see that have over 30,000 downloads.

Do you understand what that means? It means that even if each person were to download those two themes three times each (on average), it means there are 10,000 people who recognize MTS as a theme standard. While this may be a small portion of the mIRC userbase, it is a large portion of the scripting community.

The purpose of this post was not to spam an MTS addon, or to even spam the standard itself. It was posted as an attempt to let some of these estimated 10,000 people know that a new standard is being developed and that if they wish, they can have a hand in creating it.

#105082 13/12/04 08:59 PM
M
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
M
Because of MTS's popularity, I haven't done anything to this post. However, I can completely see where Coolkill is coming from and I too debated whether or not to edit the post or not, so the bashing can stop now.

There have been something like 10-20 other threads on this forum that have claimed to be "beneficial to the mIRC community" and have been dealt with like any other spam post. Saying that it will benefit the mIRC community doesn't make it okay. That is what Coolkill is getting at I believe.

MTS is however slightly different, in that it actually DOES contribute to the mIRC community in some ways and is very popular, whereas the other 10-20 spam posts were not. That is what other people are getting at.

However, as ms.org is generally considered the 'home' of MTS, perhaps a post should be made on the front page of THAT site, rather than posting on the mIRC/mIRC.net forums as I have seen? I'm sure people that are interested in developing MTS will look towards ms.org more than this forum and it seems far more appropriate.

This need not go further, both points have been clearly made, some more than once.

Regards,

Mentality/Chris

Link Copied to Clipboard