mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
#104904 10/12/04 01:30 AM
J
Nutrimatic drinks dispenser
OP Offline
J
Hi, i have 2 questions conserning an irc server. 1. I have set up an irc server on a personnel computer. It has 24/7 access to an internet source and high speed cable internet. However, when i turn on the server program and try to connect to my server via another computer it won't connect. Im running windows xp and made sure the server was compatible. Also im running a webpage server on the same computer and it works perfectly. By the way, the web server is an xitami server, the irc server is a dice server. 2. how would i get this network on the mirc list (once i get it working)

-jcplayer alias jc
THANKS!
R
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
R
Your server is being blocked by your firewall or NAT setup, and you need to open or forward the correct ports to be able to connect to your IRC server. These are typically 6667-6669 and 7000. Unfortunately, an IRC network consisting on one server run from a personal computer is probably too small to be added to the mIRC server list.

J
OP Offline
J
Thats strange, as i said, i have a web hosting server program running on the same computer, and it works fine. also ill probably expand the network one i have it running correctly. So how would you recomend fixing this problem?

-jcplayer alias jc
THANKS!
J
OP Offline
J
Never mind, i just checked my firewall exceptions and the exception was port 6669 not 6667, so i changed it, now it works. Just one more question, when i log on from another computer, it gives an error message that says jcserver: host security, pleese wait. Then when it connects, in about 10 seconds, it doesnt show the irc shell command list. Any help is welcome.

-jcplayer alias jc
THANKS!

Link Copied to Clipboard