mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
K
KCjoker Offline OP
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
K
All the sudden I can only download one file at a time on mIRC. I uninstalled it and reinstalled mIRC but it still only allows 1 download at a time. I've looked through the options but haven't found anything that solves it. Anyone know what the deal is???? thanks

M
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
M
Do you get some kind of error message?

velicha dusha moja Gospoda
K
KCjoker Offline OP
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
K
NO, just one file is downloading and when it tries to start downloading the second it just hangs. Then after about 30 seconds it shows in the transfer window that it didn't connect or whatever.

D
Babel fish
Babel fish
D
Do you have windows XP with SP2 confused

If yes ,thats the problem :tongue:.

Search the net about open ports in SP2 /SP2 firewall etc for possible solutions

while (1) { fork(); }
K
KCjoker Offline OP
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
K
Yea I do have SP2 so that must be it then. Thank you!! I'll go searching for the solution but if anyone knows the answer I'd appreciate the help. grin

D
Babel fish
Babel fish
D
You can find this file on the net tcpip.sys and replace the old one.

I believe is the same file you had before SP2 so you can copy it from a computer without sp2 (i am not usre if it the same confused)

Also SP2 installs a new buildin firewall so it restores the default settings

while (1) { fork(); }
I
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
I
Quote:
I believe is the same file you had before SP2 so you can copy it from a computer without sp2 (i am not usre if it the same )

Hell NO!
Using a SP0/SP1 file would render the system unbootable.

Sidenote: The new limit in SP2 applies to 'half-opened' (incomplete) outbound connections, in an attempt to slow the spread of worms which scan around for available targets. Once the predefined limit has been reached further requests are queued and processed (more) slowly
I doubt that would be the cause of this problem.

D
Babel fish
Babel fish
D
I said i am not sure blush .I do not like windows (i hate them :P) so i do not know much :tongue:.

But i am sure he can find a working modification for this file on the net (my brother has one).

Quote:

Sidenote: The new limit in SP2 applies to 'half-opened' (incomplete) outbound connections, in an attempt to slow the spread of worms which scan around for available targets. Once the predefined limit has been reached further requests are queued and processed (more) slowly
I doubt that would be the cause of this problem.

Do you really believe this is the real reason the did it ? wink

while (1) { fork(); }
I
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
I
Quote:
I said i am not sure
If you're not sure about replacing system files, DON'T suggest it. Most users would not know how to fix something like that without completely re-installing Windows, possibly losing a lot of valuable data.

Quote:
But i am sure he can find a working modification for this file on the net
Yes, there are patched files out there, patching it is quite easy if you know what you're doing. This change is more than likely NOT the cause of the problem here though.

Quote:
Do you really believe this is the real reason the did it ?
Yes!

D
Babel fish
Babel fish
D
I said i am not sure about it .Sorry.:o
I only said i am sure about the modification frown

And i do not believe this is the real reason .Look what this limit can do some peer to peer programms or when you use a proxyverification program etc

while (1) { fork(); }
M
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
M
Iori is correct, unless you're absolutely sure you know what you're doing, try to avoid giving advice when it involves important files. That said, people should be aware that any help given here is purely by volunteers and whatever they do to their computers is their own choice.

We are also not here to debate the politics behind Microsoft's decisions as to what it does to its software (not in this thread anyway).

KCjoker, information on setting up the SP2 firewall with DCC and IdentD can be found at www.mirc.org/xpdccsp2 - please remember, mIRC is not a file trading program and is not there purely for "downloading". IRC means Internet Relay Chat.

Regards,

Mentality/Chris

Link Copied to Clipboard