mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
#104585 05/12/04 10:51 PM
S
Mostly harmless
OP Offline
Mostly harmless
S
Well im using a normal version of mIRC, and not a downloaded script and it first when i got it, the action commands and ctcp replies would work but later it wouldnt not show other people do action. AKA /me messages and when people want to ctcp me, i would not reply and i didnt ignore any of these commands i even cleared out the list by /ignore -r * but still doesnt want to work.

Im not sure what caused these functions to not work. Any ideas? i heard from another friend it happened to him and i wonder whats wrong.

PS: Im using v6.16

#104586 06/12/04 07:06 PM
J
Nutrimatic drinks dispenser
Nutrimatic drinks dispenser
J
well, at a guess... scripting issues
unless you mean the nice ping\version\time inbuilt ones

in that case i would have to guess its one of khaled nifty little things called flood protection

back when he didnt do it, 5 people could version someone 4 times each and make them flood with replies and no about of scripting could stop it. then he made it only do it once per nick in x seconds. (also that could be it) smile

i think khaled should bring that back.

oh yeah, PS. supply more secific details when posting bugs, eg type of ctcp's, have you any scripted anything, if your friends were trying to flood you wink

#104587 08/12/04 07:39 PM
P
Ameglian cow
Ameglian cow
P
Try these commands:

/ctcps on
(will enable CTCP "listening" or triggering)

/ignore -rtw *!*@*
(will remove ignore for all CTCPs for all networks you're on; /ignore -r * is incorrect, to purge your ignore list use /ignore -rw with no * at the end)

Link Copied to Clipboard