mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
N
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
N
Khaled,

I had an idea of a feature to optionally add two panels to the top of each channel window in mIRC.

In the First panel, at the top, would show the Channel Topic so you can always see it. If you enter a channel with a lot of activity you have to keep scrolling up to read it. This feature would keep it where you can see it all the time.

In the second panel, you can show all the Channel Events seperate from the channel so the chat area can be for just chatting if someone chooses to use an option like this. If you are in a big channel it can be difficult to follow a conversation when you have all of the join, parts, quits, kicks, bans, topics set, channel modes set, nick modes set, etc. intertwined with regular chat text.

Anyhow, this is just an idea and probably a major change, but it would help a lot visually.

Thanks,

Nomadic_Prophet

smile

Nomadic_Prophet
M
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
M
Not to put down your idea, but some possible features of mIRC you may find useful that have some relevance to your suggestions:

1) For most channels the topic will be fully displayed in the titlebar of mIRC (the big bar at the top). For longer channel topics it won't fully display (for networks which support that king of topic length), but you can simply type /topic #channel and the topic will display in the channel's active window.

2) If you right click a channel name in the switchbar and go to 'Events' you can set most events to show 'In Status'. You can set it for ALL channels to do this in ALT+O > IRC > [Events...].

Regards,

Mentality/Chris
N
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
N
I apprciate any feedback either way =)

First, most topics don't fit in the title bar (especially is other items are sharing the space with the topic, such as nick, server name, etc.) and sometimes they contain web or channel links that cannot be clicked on if the are in the title bar.

Secondly, if you use the status window you cannot maximize your channel window, and if you do send the events to the status window all of the events from all of the different channels will be crammed in the same status window.

I was just suggesting this as a way to seperate events from chat text in each channel. These are just some useful features I saw in other IRC clients that were useful. (I think it was Chatzilla or XChat) Thanks again, but yes I am aware of the features that already exist in mIRC that are related to this request.

Thanks,

Nomadic_Prophet

smile

Nomadic_Prophet

Link Copied to Clipboard