Print Thread
#103425 20/11/04 09:45 PM
W
Wragg Offline OP
Vogon poet
OP Offline
Vogon poet
W
i know this is not maybe good place for this...
but on Unreal servers in raw 005 i get this:

KNOCK
SAFELIST
HCN
MAXTARGETS=20

so what does every this means or what are their function ?

i already asked politely on server in #help but they nicely [censored] me off smirk

then i got on conference room servers this:

TUNL
PROP
LANG
FIELD
SM
FNC

and on EFNet this:

INVEX

i know this is too much, but if anyone knows anything of this pls tell me.

#103426 21/11/04 11:21 AM
S
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
S
KNOCK means that the /knock command exists on these servers. [coor:green]/knock[/color] is used to request an invite from a channel which is invite-only.

SAFELIST means that the response to a /list command is spread out so that you don't get flooded off the server if there are thousands of matching channels.

HCN stands for 'Hybrid Connect Notice', and it doesn't affect you in any way unless you're an oper. It simply means that opers with certain modes can see your IP as you join the server even if they are oper'ed on another server (in that network, obviously).

MAXTARGETS is the maximum number of targets (channels/people that you can send to) that can be used with the /privmsg (/msg)and /notice commands.

INVEX means the server supports invite exceptions (hostmasks can be added to a list so that matching users can join un-invited).

FNC stands for 'Forced nick changes'. It means the server may forcibly change someone's nick under certain circumstances.

I believe TUNL means that HTTP Tunneling support is available for Java clients, but I'm not really sure (CR specific AFAIK).

I think the FIELD token means that the /field command is supported, which allows someone to add additional information to their whois reply (CR-specific)

LANG is presumably a CR-specific language specifier (most IRCds use the LANGUAGE token).

PROP means the server supports the /prop command. It's something to do with settings properties for channels, I really don't know much about it.

I have no idea what SM is.

Spelling mistakes, grammatical errors, and stupid comments are intentional.
#103427 21/11/04 01:43 PM
W
Wragg Offline OP
Vogon poet
OP Offline
Vogon poet
W
thank you very much.

Link Copied to Clipboard