mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
K
KDub Offline OP
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
K
A friend, Acidized, and I (#Script irc.GamesNET.NET) were experimenting with .NET dll's (VC#), which we figgured out how to make work with mIRC via COM. I am using this simple alias to open the COM object, get the information then close the COM object:
alias mycom {
/comopen FS FSCOM.Startup
if ($comerr) { echo 4 -a Error in COM }
else {
echo 12 -a $com(FS,Connect,1) -> $com(FS).result
comclose FS
}
Everything works perfect here. Now if I alt-tab back to MS Visual Studio.NET and try to re-build the dll, it says the file is in use by another process. Now, if you switch back to mIRC and run the same alias, you will get an error ($comerr = 1). The only work around I know of is to restart mIRC to force it to close the file handles. This is quite a pain trying to develop these DLLs. Btw, if you'd like to experiment with this like we are, simply make a new C# project 'Class Library', under the project properties->configuration properties->buikd->register for COM interop->true, as well as you MUST build using the 'release' configuration, and you can NOT build using more than one build configuration or the DLL will stop working all out together. When you use mIRC to open the COM, simple use /comopen handle namespace.class.

Thanks,
K-Dub
(Feel free to contact me on IRC further regrading this flaw)

Last edited by KDub; 08/02/03 11:17 PM.
T
Pikka bird
Pikka bird
T
I have had the same problem, its a pain to close mIRC each time, especiall if your project requires you to be connected

Link Copied to Clipboard