K
kudu Offline OP
Nutrimatic drinks dispenser
OP Offline
K
* Connecting to uk.quakenet.org (6667)
-
* Unable to connect to server (Connection timed out)
-
* Connect retry #1 213.48.150.5 (6667)
-
-
* Connect retry #2 us.quakenet.org (6668)
-
-
* Connect retry #3 194.109.129.222 (6668)
-
-
* Connect retry #4 de.quakenet.org (6667)
-
-

This is all its been saying upto a few days ago, when it was working like clockwork. A few servers work but these are not needed, i really need to get into quakenet.uk. However i am on a uni connection but untill i reinstalled irc its been working fine on the ethernet connection, so i dont understandt why this happens to me now. Please reply and tell me possible solutions crazy crazy

K
kudu Offline OP
OP Offline
K
im connected to a uni, through ethernet
i use windows xp
and use mirc v6.16

other posts dont seem to have answered my question
Other servers apart from quakenet such as irc.webchat.org work, so i dont understand why quakenet doesn, please reply . urgent

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Maybe the server you are trying to use has banned your university for some reason. What is so important about using a particular node on that network anyway? If lag is a problem then there'd surely be more than one node close to you.

K
kudu Offline OP
OP Offline
K
so what exactly do u suggest i do, i would have thought it was unlikely my Uni got banned from quakenet. Im a newbie to irc so can u explain what i should actualy change. frown

K
kudu Offline OP
OP Offline
K
Can anyone please tell me how to resolve my problem. i would be very greatefull if this help forum would HELP me shocked

#102719 17/11/04 10:37 AM
K
kudu Offline OP
OP Offline
K
I managed to connect to quakenet after trying BILLIONS of things, nearly resorting to reformatting. I decided it might be becaus my Uni has blocked specific irc ports for some reason or visa versa. As i could connect to other servers with ports of 700. So i changed the automatic quakenet port from 667 to 700 and it seems to work fine.

Does anyone know if this should work fine for me from now on, or will i need to sort something else out. If your connected by ethernet and are having the same problem try typing....

/server uk.quakenet.org 7000

Thanks for the non-exitstent help :tongue:

#102720 18/11/04 07:41 AM
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Being a snot will not get you anywhere, though you did do the right thing by experimenting. There are two reasons why you may not always get an answer on a forum:

1. No-one else knows the answer to your question.
2. Some may know the possibilites of why you cannot connect but the list is too large to type out, which is sometimes the case.

We are not infront of your machine and what works for someone else may not always work for you, please keep that in mind. Most of the regular users here will only reply if they can positively identify the solution to an issue someone has.

Link Copied to Clipboard