Page 2 of 2 1 2
#102610 23/11/04 03:54 AM
T
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
T
Danthemandoo:

Quote:
(I.E. as a bot rather than what it actually is, an irc client).

Personally i'm sick of reading this, mIRC may be an IRC client but it has many features that make it more than just an IRC client.
mIRC's simple scripting language and built in support for connecting to IRC make it a good (maybe not as good as an eggdrop, but still good) choice as a bot platform.

Sephiroth:

Quote:
also on me:*:join:#:{ window -h # } - hide it? smile

I doubt hiding the windows would make a difference, worth a try though I guess.

DeeperID:

Have you considered using sockets for this?

New username: hixxy
#102611 23/11/04 02:12 PM
D
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
D
Quote:
Well this error comes up regardless of how many instances of mIRC are running on the box.

oh yeah I didnt really think too hard about it, of course its not going to help, since its something to do with the underlying OS rather than mirc.

#102612 23/11/04 06:55 PM
Babel fish
OP Offline
Babel fish
Quote:

I suppose that is worth a shot. I'll give it a try and see how it goes. If so you will make quite a few people happy laugh.

Tidy_Trax: Thanks for the support smile. We have considered creating a socket bot but there would be very very much to rework as these are already fully functional and in use. One of my staff has played around with a very simple socket bot template and has been able to recreate a IAL similiar identifier but that is as far as it has gone, it seems to me and to him that it would be a great deal of work. Many of the operators that we use ie. isop, ison, isvoice etc would have to be converted along with a substitute for $address and many other identifiers that we have used around the scripts frequently. However, at the same time we would like to continue to use a platform that we are fimiliar with so short of getting a feature into mIRC that resembles the topic of this thread we may have to consider that down the road frown. Thanks again.

#102613 23/11/04 07:33 PM
Babel fish
OP Offline
Babel fish
Quote:

I tested this theory out on this machine using DaveC's little snip to create 400ish windows I was not able to open more windows by hiding some to create others. I first created around 385 windows when I got the "error creating window" then I closed all of those, hid my channel windows then tried to create 400 again and it still stopped at 385. Closing (minimizing to tray) msn messenger allowed about 4 or 5 more windows to be created reitterating that it is an operating system issue (just incase there was still doubt). Back to the drawing board I guess confused

-[Edit]- After playing around with this more I found something I thought interesting... I verified it 4 times and it is quite odd. When creating these windows with -ne I was only able to open up 355 windows (used $window(0) to get amount) but if I used -dne to create the windows I was able to create 389 crazy During this test I had 3 channel windows open. When I put those channel windows on desktop I was able to open 392 @ windows -dne. I would assume that opening up a desktop window would take up more of whatever it is we are dealing with ... I know this thread has kinda turned into a bug reporting category rather than a feature suggestion but I was wondering if anyone can verify this?

Last edited by DeeperID; 23/11/04 07:50 PM.
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard