mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
Hoopy frood
OP Offline
Hoopy frood
You can never get over 200 results when clicking on "Show all user's posts" in a person's profile, which obviously aren't all the user's posts, since I clicked on people with 200+ posts.

This used to work in the old (and imo better) msg board.

Btw I really wish the Search Feature would be back to its old form, because the "You can't make a search, please hold on a couple of moments before doing a search again" type of message is quite annoying.

Greets

Gone.
M
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
M
Quote:
in the old (and imo better) msg board

Just as a note, (and this is of course in no way an attack on your opinion), the upgrade was absolutely vital. It seems the developers of these boards have opted to make various 'advancements' which will help increase the 'speed' of the board, and I think there are a number of features affected by this course of action.

I should imagine however, the particular error you pointed out that you occasionally get with the search feature could be changed in Admin options - I could be wrong though, that's an issue for Krejt to look into.

Regards,

Mentality/Chris
D
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
D
vital cuz it got hacked u mean ment smirk

-please read my private message. Thank you-

Last edited by Mentality; 10/11/04 10:30 PM.
M
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
M
No, I mean vital because the message board was 12 versions old. An upgrade was planned this year no matter what happened, it just came earlier. There were both security-related and non-security-related issues to be dealt with by the upgrade.

Please don't tell me what I mean or try and start a discussion that has nothing to do with this thread smile (nor be allowed anyway)

Regards,

Mentality/Chris
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
I already lowered the timeout to like 10 seconds a few days ago,... if you feel that's still to long I'll lower it even more on the next update! No problem...

Hoopy frood
OP Offline
Hoopy frood
Hi,

it seems that everything is limited to a maximum of 200 results. Try searching for a word as common as "var" or "elseif", set to all forums, 4 years.

The Search Feature, as we all know, is of high importance for this message board. It contains tons and tons of valuable information, and I got a lot of knowledge from it. Which is why I would strongly suggest to have this limit of max 200 results removed. That way, we can still go skinny dipping in this pool of knowledge.

Btw, I understand the reasons for the upgrade, I didn't feel attacked at all, everything has to move along with the times, even the message board smile

I guess it's just a matter of time, before most bugs etc. are gone, and we are accustomed to the new look and feel of it. Until that day, for me, the old board will be better.

Greets

Gone.

Link Copied to Clipboard