mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
D
Dan6054 Offline OP
Mostly harmless
OP Offline
Mostly harmless
D
Hi, are there any hackers out there. Someone has been hacking in my computer. I'm pretty sure I know who it is.
Whats the best way to stop a hacker from getting in my computer.

T
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
T
yo m8, get a firewall
i don't like much of the windows firewall so i use http://fileforum.betanews.com/detail/950641404/1

i use it for 5 years (since version 2.*)

W
Vogon poet
Vogon poet
W
download Sygate Firewall or ZoneAlarm firewall (they are the best of the best)

M
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
M
It's a tad subjective to state that Sygate/ZA are the best of the best.

There are a number of Firewall links in this thread for you to choose which one you want - both free ones and ones that require payment.

Regards,

Mentality/Chris
S
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
S
I guess you can get as many replyes as it is programs out there, but a good firewall would stop the one hacking you, also make shure you have been scanning your computer online for viruses/worms, you can also make shure you have the latest updates from microsoft for your OS.. me self using mcafee firewall, but i guess that everyone have there own favorites, a good one are also Outpost firewall..

if ($me != tired) { return } | else { echo -a Get a pot of coffee now $+($me,.) }
T
Mostly harmless
Mostly harmless
T
The easiest way is to stop accepting files now a days viruses are in zip file when you open that zip the virus enters in your computer Keyloger is dangerous trojan when it gets in your computer the guy who send the Keyloger can operate your computer he can do wha ever he want so the best idea would be stop accepting files and use the latest version of mIRC.
Thanks
Thinker

R
Ameglian cow
Ameglian cow
R
my favorite firewall is Agnitum Outpost Pro (it costs money, but there is a free version). It allows total control of your connection.

Link Copied to Clipboard